Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Don't get why a Pertonix system wouldn't fit. Is it because of the lack of the points ticker star on the distributor shaft? I know Henry C runs one in his FJ62 but since it's not USA is it possible it had points one upon a time? All F and 2F distributors are interchangable, and 3FE to an extent. Dizzies that had original points systems can usually be found pretty cheap. There are some "shaft wear" issues but if you were to use a '77 for example I wouldn't see much difference than your '78. Once I install this HEI I may consider selling my '79 electonic (dizzy is significantly upgraded from '78, and it only has one vaccuum line (and the two cap lines), very easy to plumb. I'd maybe let the whole system go for $100. It also uses a mini truck water-tight ignitor and coil, better than the FJ40 & 60 ignitor setups IMO. I also have the same Crane Cams setup in a '75 distributor with maybe 20 hours on it. I pulled it thinking it was misfiring (and timing light finally crapped out after many faithful years), turned out to be the carb. Since Toyota and Crane ignition are similar IMO, never went back. I'd also probably let that whole system/unit go for maybe $100 too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.