Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Read Only
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l am getting very annoyed, my 98 zj is pingin under a load and only overheats when under a load like a canyon drive. In a previous thread it was mentioned the 5.2l plenum gaskets leak, mine was, I changed it with an upgrade kit form hughes performance and thought it ran better. Drove it last nite for the first time in a few months and it still overheated going up the canyon in the same place it did before, no ac on and only about 79 degree ambient temp.

I dont know what to do, the ping is the same when under load, the only code I have is my VSS is not hooked up because I cant see a way to connect my 205 into the harness. Does the vss have something to do with open or closed loop and the timing advancing? This is the only thing I can see that is wrong, everything else in the cooling system is new, and the ping has never happened before. Any help out there?? I am supposed to be in moab next weekend, I can trailer it down but am worried about overheating there. It stays right at 210 220 with the ac on around town.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts