Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody point me to info on stitching a tow strap or the like. I want to make some limiting straps and maybe even some tree savers and custom gear hold downs. I used to stitch harness when I was a kid. Anybody have a link to a place that sells hand stitchers and thread?

·
Registered
789 Posts
just type in sewing awl in your search engine. 16 bucks about plus shipping. that;s what I use just takes a while.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What thread do you use?

·
Premium Member
19,779 Posts
Its not what your looking for, but my Shop repair stores sew all my starps for about 3 bucks each

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Here in Texas, the local saddle shop handles it for me, even puts rawhide reinforcements in the loop for me.
Butch

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm just anal, I like to do almost everything myself. Maybe I'm wierd, but if its my ass on the line, I want equipment I made that I can trust.

Texican, I'm a 6th generation Texas expatriot (check out the last name), and yes I will leather line and back them. I can't get that done around here.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I take mine to a tent and awning shop and they charge $4 per end and is all machine stitched and gone over many times. At that price there is no way it is cost effective for me to mess with.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
KS Toy said:
I take mine to a tent and awning shop and they charge $4 per end and is all machine stitched and gone over many times. At that price there is no way it is cost effective for me to mess with.
Where do you guys get the webbing. I went a priced a nice 3 inch strap to replace an old one..... 59 fawking dollars for some pepboys piece of shiet. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huge straps can be bought for reasonable prices at my local COOP farm supply or commercial truckers supply.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I get all mine off the freeway. those 4" wide traps that truckers winch down loads with are the best. they are very strong and stretch just right;) you just need to stitch up one end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts