Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey a buddy of mine is thinkin of putting 44's on his Suburban. I don't remember the year but it's between '88 and '91. Are the axles strong enough to run 44's? He doesn't go offroad much, just up in the snow sometimes. Oh, and he plays at the dunes alot.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
That would be a newer style 30 spline 10 bolt, nearly identical to a dana 44.
In a nutshell, no. Is it possible, yes.

Expect to replace ball joints often if he doesent use 4wd much. If he does, expect to replace everything often.

The general opinion of different members on this board is that 38" are max for a dana 44.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Lowball said:
Thats what I was thinking..Sand,,44's with a few beers,heavy truck and a happy foot,, and next thing ya know:nuke:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was thinking. What axle could he swap in up front that would be able to run em? Dana 60's are in short supply around here it seems...

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
ahh come on!! 10 bolts, burbans, and sand work great!!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
skulznbonz said:

He asked for a front axle. The rear should already be a 14 bolt. Dana 60 is really the only axle (other than Rockwells) that will last w/ 44's.

John
mogs ;) my buddy that broke the 60s is goin to be running them. the rear 4 link needs coilovers then its done and the front is almost finished.

Drew

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
go rockwells if you want them to actuallly 'hold up':flipoff2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts