Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While preparing to make my draglink I was looking at a stock Cj-7 pitman arm. I need to drill and ream it to except a Chevy 1 ton TRE. It doesn't look like there is going to be much meat left on it after I am done.

Have any of you guys done this, and if so did you have any issues after the install (ie it busted)

I don't need and pitman arm drop, this is on a 60 with high stear.

Dl specs are 1.5"x.25" DOM with PS 7/8-18 weld-in inserts with 79 Chevy 1 ton TRE's. I don't have the part numbers infront of me. How do the Waggy/J-Truck ones compare?

TIA
-RJ

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Go with the Waggy pitman. The hole is the correct size and the length is a better match to the length of your steering arms.

BTW, those are 1/2 and 3/4 ton TRE's. One ton have 1" shafts. Everybody and their brother seems to think the 7/8" are one ton, but they are the same thing you'll find under a Chevy 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup/Blazer or even a Wagoneer/J-truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just make sure you're not using DLEs ES2026R and/or ES2027L, but are definitely using TREs on your DL.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on used ES2026R and ES2027L will there be too much missalignment for them to handle?

-RJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
78304CJ-7 said:
I was planning on used ES2026R and ES2027L will there be too much missalignment for them to handle?

-RJ
I may have had a brainfart - I was thinking that the taper in the Waggy arm would not be deep enough in stock form for the ES2026R/ES2027L ends.

Someone set me straight - you can spank me if you like! :jester:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts