Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one using there stock pump to run a full single end hydraulic cylinder? If so how well does it work? Any one know the psi?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
That's what I'm using, but with a dual ended cylinder. With 39s I can turn easy, but not so much that I'm afraid of breaking my toyota knuckle

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was windering the same thing. Was planning on running hydro steer on my tin top but mine will be a somewhat daily driver when I dont feel like driving the honda. Will the pump hold up to daily driving with a hydro setup or hydro assist?

·
Registered
31 Posts
im at the steering stage to but need i dears on the steering valve side can you convert the standard power steering box as welll ????

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
a stock tracker power steering box can be tapped for hydro-assist

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
i have tracker steering box and pump with a single ended 8"hydro ram destroked to 6.5" on toyota axles it cycles back and forth to within a 1/8" of the bump stops. Steers 35" boggers very well. this january my sammy will be 25 years old which means in the great state of texas i will no longer have to pass smog. safety only :D so hydro assist is the way to go for me as well.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You know I have a PSC pump, and when I looked at the two pumps side to side they looked the same. My old one was whinning a little so used the PSC pump anyways.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Man i have a complete tapped tracker box and PSC pump laying around that i bought off the raging squirrel a couple years ago and was turning 39s with no problems. For sale if interested shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
837 Posts
There you go, pimpin' parts again! My current project may be finished in a few days.:smokin: If this cold weather doesn't get me first! I had to get creative today to keep the snow off of the welder!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pump

Well drove buggy out shop yesterday stock geo pump isn't cutting it I don't suppose acts as if it struggles to steer. The cylinder is a 2.5x8 single ended cylinder. Guess gonna be looking for new pump.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
have you fully bleed down the system?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a sidekick setup on my sammy that system is really a watse if ya ask me for any heavy offroad stuff. Mine barley works turning 33s on the road. Wasnt much of an upgrade over the manual box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts