Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for some info on when you guys switched over fromt he stock belts over to a stronger 5 point harness in yer DD/trail rig, i dont do anything real hardcore just alot of trail riding and some hill climbs with a little rock crawling and dunno if i really need to sink the cash into a 5 point or not. my rig doesnt have a roll cage yet but im in the works for gathering the stuff for it when i have some extra cash

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
my rig doesnt have a roll cage yet
no rollcage = no 5 points.

If the cab crushes and you are 5pointed in an upright position, your body crushes with the cab. Stock belts would allow you to lean over if the cab crushes and maybe survive.

Plus 5 points are a huge pita in a DD rig. They are cool for the first week and get old fast

·
Registered
765 Posts
i'm going to purchase some 5 points but for now(like yourself) don't have a roll cage, so i'm only going to use the lap portion, but i also agree that they can be a pain for a dd

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
i'm going to purchase some 5 points but for now(like yourself) don't have a roll cage, so i'm only going to use the lap portion, but i also agree that they can be a pain for a dd
just using lap belts is not that smart either.

The wife and I just took a good roll down a 20 foot drop, and we were damn glad to have the full harness's on us.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe i should have added that the 5 point wouldnt be installed untill the cage is done. i just dunno if the typ[e of wheeling im doing is really a need for a 5 point, i understand they can be a pita but if they may save my life one day then why not? just trying to get some ideas together and figure out a game plan for when i start really building my b2

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
FWIW, a four point sems just as safe, without the strap running up by your "boys." Rolled mine a few times and never had any issue with the four pointer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts