Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for some info on when you guys switched over fromt he stock belts over to a stronger 5 point harness in yer DD/trail rig, i dont do anything real hardcore just alot of trail riding and some hill climbs with a little rock crawling and dunno if i really need to sink the cash into a 5 point or not. my rig doesnt have a roll cage yet but im in the works for gathering the stuff for it when i have some extra cash

·
Registered
741 Posts
i'm going to purchase some 5 points but for now(like yourself) don't have a roll cage, so i'm only going to use the lap portion, but i also agree that they can be a pain for a dd

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
i'm going to purchase some 5 points but for now(like yourself) don't have a roll cage, so i'm only going to use the lap portion, but i also agree that they can be a pain for a dd
just using lap belts is not that smart either.

The wife and I just took a good roll down a 20 foot drop, and we were damn glad to have the full harness's on us.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe i should have added that the 5 point wouldnt be installed untill the cage is done. i just dunno if the typ[e of wheeling im doing is really a need for a 5 point, i understand they can be a pita but if they may save my life one day then why not? just trying to get some ideas together and figure out a game plan for when i start really building my b2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.