Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been up there in the last week or so? Any snow ? A few buddies and i are headed up in the morning for the day...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I talked with the Mendo USFS resource manager for the area on Friday and the Stonyford station earlier in the week. The storm earlier this week was supposed to dump almost a foot of snow with rain below 3,500 feet. Additional snowfall around the 4,000-4,5000 foot level came in with the last storm but no idea on totals.

Reports are that the storm from last night/this morning was a warm one with snow much higher than the previous two. If you are heading in from that side I'm guessing you are looking at Goat mtn?

I would suspect Goat has plenty of snow at this time but would love a report from your trip just the same. I have a small club run to Letts lake/Goat mtn next weekend. If a couple of more warm storms come through we might have to change the destination.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
We were up there a while ago in summer and rode into the snow line - It looked like the snow wheelin may be pretty good up there- Jess

·
Registered
216 Posts
where are the pics?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt take very many pics.

We went up goat mtn Rd. (digger pines) hit snow around pretty low once we started heading up the hill, then there were down trees every few 50 feet or so. We winched/pulled a bunch out of the way and made it to cisco grove campground and called it quits. Definitly need a chain saw next time! Turned out to be a super nice day. It was a fun day trip.

Should be plenty of snow left next week. Make sure you bring a chainsaw and a tow strap to move the down trees. Not sure what the road/tree condition is on the road to letts lake.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i thought they closed the roads leading into the stonyford ohv area durring the winter time, was goat mt rd closed or open?
anyway me and abunch of my buddys were planning on heading into indian valley, maybe stonyford in the next few weeks durring spring break

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, there were road closed signs at the bottom, But we have been goig around those for years with no problems, even when running into rangers.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Per a conversation with the Resource officer last week, there was only one road closure in the district, which I "think" was 17n02. The ohv trails were closed.

Ps: talking with the gal at the Stonyford station, the road closures for Goat Mtn. In the past few years were due to downed trees on the road and not actual road conditions. Granted it was closed 3 years ago ? due to a slide.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ive been wanting to head up to indian valley for a while now i just have no idea whatsoever how to get there :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Went up to Indian valley last year in my rig there was like 4 feet of fresh powder it was the best snow wheelin ive done in lake county. Went riding there couple weeks ago this was all the snow we saw...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts