Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
So I have a certification that I will need to keep with me for at least the rest of my career.
Most of the time it can stay in my truck but will come out on jobsites and other less then desireable conditions. It will also need to come out of whatever protection I have for it at a minimum every 6 months to be signed.

2 single 8-1/2"×11" sheets and they must remain the originals

What to use?
i made copies of all my certs. i keep the copies in a file with me the originals in a safe.
Reading owns you as well.

OP, just get a transparent sleeve and a thin 3 ring binder and store it in a safe place that won't get spilled on or ruined by 100* heat over time.

·
Hophead
77,603 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
These are some welding certs that were an ordeal to get. They need to be signed and dated every 6 months from the issue date printed on them to remain valid. I dont have a job trailer as I am regularly at different sites daily. All of my other welding certs are in card form and have different procedures to keep them current.

I am generally horrible at keeping anything nice, that's why I asked. I was/am hoping for some mirrical product I didnt initially think of.

I picked up some work monday-wed for 3 weeks. Hopefully it turns into more. Once the panda pandemic blows over everything should go back to normal for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some welding certs that are not card form. They need to be signed and dated every 6 months from the issue date printed on them to remain valid. I dont have a job trailer as I am regularly at different sites daily. All of my other welding certs are in card form and have different procedures to keep them current.

I am generally horrible at keeping anything nice, that's why I asked. I was/am hoping for some mirrical product I didnt initially think of.
I think the foodsaver/vacuum bag idea is the best. Get a piece of cardboard slightly larger than the page. Vacuum and cut open every six months.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Personally, I would stay away from the laminator if the documents are something you do not want to have ruined. I have a laminator that uses the pouch-style sheets. I've used both the regular style and "removable" style, and lest just say the removable style isn't exactly removable. I had laminated a bunch of vehicle titles to protect them, and when I had to transfer a title after selling a vehicle, the lamination stuck to the titles and ruined them. I had to go pay to have duplicates.

I'm now kicking myself, because when I did the vehicle titles, I was on a roll with home office organization and also laminated my birth certificate, vaccination records, and savings bonds. Pretty sure they are all ruined if I ever decide to take them out of the pouches.

·
Damn kids
14,329 Posts
Google archival quality sheet protectors. There are very good products out there that permit the pages to be removed and have a very solid black back, so no three ring binder needed.

Or maybe one of those aluminum cases that service writers use. Available at LEO supply stores and elsewhere I am sure.

Or both.

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
Just get one of those clear sleeve sheet protectors and put it in a binder like someone said already. When it needs to be signed take it out of the sleeve. Otherwise leave it in the sleeve at all times and keep it somewhere somewhat safe, like on the seat or behind the seat and not on the floor with the shit and muck...

·
Random Dude
908 Posts
Ziploc (or Hefty) freezer bag: quart, gallon, 2-gal or 2.5-gal as needed.
Push all the air out when closing <-- this is important.
Replace when getting thrashed.

·
Wheeler
2,780 Posts
1) Buy safe, put papers in safe, put safe in trailer, tow with you everywhere you go .
2) Buy boat, put papers in boat (no one will think to look in boat for muy importante papers) take boat with you .
3) Buy pos GM made h2 or 3 or whatever that is (I'd call it nein) put papers inside and tow with you everywhere you go as your old lady steers .

Pick one and done .

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts