Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long cool story short. I'm receiving a American motors straight 8!! And I think it would be cool to have it in my xj, but it looks pretty long and I really don't have a ton of space to begin with, on top of that I think I'll need a different tranny and axles?plus t case. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I've never heard of an AMC straight 8. I'll bet its a Buick or one of the other common ones from many moons ago. They are big and antiquated, I wouldn't use one. Hell, the stock inline 6 barely fits in an XJ.
Travis..

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Plus the older ones would break crankshafts pretty easy just driving on road. So could only imagine what it would do in off road situations. But they did put out some good torque back in the day!

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Long cool story short. I'm receiving a American motors straight 8!! And I think it would be cool to have it in my xj, but it looks pretty long and I really don't have a ton of space to begin with, on top of that I think I'll need a different tranny and axles?plus t case. What do you guys think?
no such animal from amc... but as the others said that doesnt mean its not a straight 8 just not from that engine maker. they are torquie.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea your all basically right after doing some research there like huge bombs. and it wasnt an inline 8, its a amc v8 lol, which should fit. but I'm thinking about selling it and doing a 6.5 long arm kit? talked to a few guys around town and they said suspension is the key. the straight 6 is plenty.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I would agree with suspension being key, but AMC V8s are hardly bombs. Not to mention your inline 6 is fuel injected.
Travis..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts