Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these? There is a Dana 60 one for sale real close to me for half the price of any advertised spool that I am looking at, but I have never dealt with them. It is brand new/never used but the guy says it is for 410 and down and that it came with a spacer ring and bolts for it to be used with 456 and up. Anybody ever used anything like that or have any input?

·
Registered
172 Posts
We have run a Strange spool in GS since day one. I think its still in there, never had a reason to go back and look. Not sure what an eng spool is though.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have run a Strange spool in GS since day one. I think its still in there, never had a reason to go back and look. Not sure what an eng spool is though.
Engineering :flipoff2:

What about the shim? Ever dealt with them?

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure. Had never heard about a ring gear spacer till a few days ago looking at 14 bolt parts. Found a Dana 60 one on ECGS sight just now though.

Dana 60 Ring Gear Sapcer

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it being you'd have to run a spacer. Not the end of the world, but more chance of loose ring gear bolts. A new Srange spool is only $220 from Summit.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is asking 100 for it. It comes with the spacer and bolts, I just have never dealt with a spacer so am wondering if there is a down side/upside from peoples personal experiences.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet, cheaper right now to get 44 fixed then to do the build on the 60. Just acquiring parts as I go/can. Still got to do the tube swap/narrow before I can get too much for it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts