Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can buy them but I heard you can find them at the junkyard on some Dana 44's. Anybody know which 44 I'm looking for? I want to get rid of my strap and bolt style yoke on my 44 and use the u-bolt style. Can you find it for the 30 too? I know they are kinda rare but I'm down there all the time and it helps if you know what your looking for in advance.;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
just go to a parts house or your local 4x4 shop that carries Spicer and order one... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Can somebody tell me why you cant just drill out the holes and maybe grind the backside (if you have to) of the yoke to fit a Ubolt?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Erik D_lux said:
Can somebody tell me why you cant just drill out the holes and maybe grind the backside (if you have to) of the yoke to fit a Ubolt?
Thats all I did.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well the most common Dana 44's in my local wrecking yard are under FSJ's. Most all of these Dana 44's use U-bolts. I have noticed that some of the later models have the strap type, I think the change might have been when the pumpkin switched sides in the front.

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure if it's the same size as the dana 35, but if it is all you need is a ford style u bolt kit. I picked mine up from Advance Auto Parts.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You can drill them out, but it gets very thin when you do.

73 to 82 chevy fronts will be bolt style I belive.

·
Registered
856 Posts
yeah dude, I forget the part number for the 44 yoke, but its the same yoke as a d300 which will also fit your front 231 output. thats what I did for my front cv.
I had a 44 yoke on my 35 but broke it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts