Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i started to day.i cut the back half off zukzilla.im going to add 14" to the wheelbase.i forgot the camera so i dont have any pics yet but i will have them tomarrow.if you have any suggestions feel free hope you all follow along thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
we cant rag on ya with out any pics:flipoff2:

i am interested to see them pics i am considering doing the same or maybe i just like the feeling of a sawsall melting cold jagged steel like buttah

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just remember... as your wheelbase lengthens, so does your turning radius. I am 98", thought I wanted 100".... but, now after 6hrs in the seat... glad I didn't do it. I even have the Sidewinders with D44 knuckles. Good luck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
mine on 38's

here is mine on 38.5's. as you can see i could use a little bit more in the back of the rear fender wells, but amazingly they only rub under really hard flex. i just didn't want to loose the inner tub by cutting it straight back like others. - the front is a different story.

http://www.powernet.net/~isi/bdzuk/bd-zuk-03-02-01.jpg

i used to run 36" TSL and they fit the exact radius of the samauri (if the axle was located right), almost like they were made for 36's from the factory.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Re: mine on 38's

bdacus said:
here is mine on 38.5's. as you can see i could use a little bit more in the back of the rear fender wells, but amazingly they only rub under really hard flex. i just didn't want to loose the inner tub by cutting it straight back like others. - the front is a different story.

i used to run 36" TSL and they fit the exact radius of the samauri (if the axle was located right), almost like they were made for 36's from the factory.
Wow! :eek: That is one of the best looking Zuks I have seen in a long time. How about some more pictures?

Lets play the pick the parts game.. Is that a 4 link front suspension and a 3 in back? Looks like it might have a v6 (or 8) engine, Toyota axles.. I'll let the jeep half doors slide... I like the front sway bar. ATV head lights? Looks like a large tranny cooler up front, so an automatic?

No fair teasing like that!

-Wayne

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bryan, do you have any more info or pics on your zuk. You've just given me the solution for the front end of mine! What have you done about headlights?

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I have been studying the picture, and I am prepared to guess that you have a chevy 4.3, and it looks to be oh.. a 92- 95 CPI.. Hmm and oh maybe 45,000 miles.

Looks like it weighs about 3,700 lbs, and I'm going to guess those are 4.88s in the Toyota axles.. looks like you had to do some tunnel mods to cover your automatic tranny and judging by the bumps that must be a 700R4. Wow, what a nice dash!! (I see it in a reflection on your paint.)

Or did I see it here:

By the way, good information in your posts, and a really stunning rig.

-Wayne

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
N*A*M said:
that suzuki is HORN!
What the hell does that mean?

Aussies, I swear. :shaking: :flipoff2:

Next week BJ on Roids is going to show up with something like "Man, that thing is just, like, TENNIS RAQUET!"... Huh? :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey bdacus,

That's one super sweet zuki! You have anymore pictures online that I could check out?

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: mine on 38's

bdacus said:

Best looking Samurai I have ever seen.

Where are you hiding the headlights??

Nice work.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Need pics

Can someone here post a few pics of his rig, work wont let me conect to his site...and I am dying to see it.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
originally posted by Orionn
Can someone here post a few pics of his rig, work wont let me conect to his site...and I am dying to see it.....
Here you go.:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
a bit more info

firtst, about the **ep half doors, Rotozuk - "I'll let the jeep half doors slide..." I made the doors from scratch out of 3/8 and 1/2 rod, heated and bent to shape, glued the vinyl on, sewed up some interior pockets and used handles off of an industrial clothes dryer. i would never stoop as low as to use **ep parts. chevy, ford, maybe even dodge but not **ep. (and don't anyone come back with, **ep is basically dodge). - ha, ha!!!

Rotozuk as got the info right:

92-95 4.3 CPI Vortec
700R4 trans
Toyota Tcase w/4.1 gears
Toyota truck axles w/4.88 gears
4 link (wishbone center) front & rear, just like monster trucks
SwayAway coilovers in front
machined own hardware and made Rancho 9000's coilover for
the rear, used 3" id Eibach springs, has about 5" adjustment
headligts are Lazer Star, sandrail/quad ligts at 100w (very bright)

those are the basics.

will try to get some pics posted on my offsite web host with "buildup", "action", and "beauty" shots. will post back to this thread when done.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: a bit more info

bdacus said:
firtst, about the **ep half doors, Rotozuk - "I'll let the jeep half doors slide..." I made the doors from scratch out of 3/8 and 1/2 rod, heated and bent to shape, glued the vinyl on, sewed up some interior pockets and used handles off of an industrial clothes dryer. i would never stoop as low as to use **ep parts. chevy, ford, maybe even dodge but not **ep. (and don't anyone come back with, **ep is basically dodge). - ha, ha!!!
Man after my own heart, *sniff*

So, I'm really interested in seeing what you did to the tunnel to make the 700R4 fit. Any body lift or just an inch or so? Hard to tell from the picture but it doesn't look like much if any.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts