Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your street leagal rigs. Im thinkin of doing a project and need some ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
wellll, one in progress, not DONE, but did make it to KOH-

just a '86 toyota with 22RETurbo--

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
This is a dumb question. In plenty of states a full on tube buggy is legal. In california nothing is legal. You don't even have a location listed. Besides, that's what trailers are for.

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is a dumb question. In plenty of states a full on tube buggy is legal. In california nothing is legal. You don't even have a location listed. Besides, that's what trailers are for.
Well I'm freaking tired of running around and trying to get an inspection in NC....turned the tag in on ole silver. I finally realized what my trailer is for.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
since i don't have a truck capable of pulling a trailer, even if i had a trailer---- i have 2 options, drive it to the trail or flat tow it behind the red 92 toyota---

it has been driven daily on the street and been looked at closely by local PD, County Sheriffs, and the CHP--- so far it seems to be ok-- it passed SMOG without 'pushing' it.

AND, since i am on a 'fixed income'--- it has to be affordable !!!!!!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Look for Joint Force Racings buggy. Its tagged and titled and insured in NY. Nothing like tube frame and 600hp for the street with 40's.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Currently colecting parts for a street legal and drivable project.

My last Buggy, the former RBS Fat City Libby, was Ca. Lic and insured, but Moab pulled me over just to check. Never got any tickets but it was a PITA.

Next car will be street drivable all the way to Baja and back.

I have the Motor, trans and TC's, just need axles. Waiting for some of this new unobtainium stuff to prove it works, as I dont think I want a high dollar bling a ding smoking down south of no where.

Interested in who has what as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My Arkansas street legal buggy.
It has a horn, turn-signals, hazard lights, rearview mirror, etc.
I'm sure some states are a lot harder to be street legal in.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
drove it like this for 3 years until I bought a trailer and a tow rig

on 37s

then went to this (still 37s)

now it's on 42s will full hydro and never sees the street. let everything expire except minimal insurance

1 - 20 of 79 Posts