Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 TJ with stripped spiders in my D35. Looking at a lockright for a cheap fix. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
WHEEEEEEEEEE!
3,815 Posts
Put it in four wheel drive so you can drive around on the front axle untill you can learn to search.

alright, i cant be that mean. the next logical step from a 35, even on a stock vehicle is a duece or mog setup.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
The cheapest fix would be to just get some used spiders from a Bone Yard.

The SMARTEST fix would be to ditch D35:idea:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gavan said:
Put it in four wheel drive so you can drive around on the front axle untill you can learn to search.

alright, i cant be that mean. the next logical step from a 35, even on a stock vehicle is a duece or mog setup.
I am looking at a cheap fix. Would like to sell the 35 when I upgrade. Oh and I had to drive 240 miles in four wheel drive with my rearend making a whole lot of noise even after I cleand out the metal chunks on the trail.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went through the same thing, get the lockright till you can upgrade. some people on this board don't understand what a budget is.

I do suggest upgrading in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gavan said:
i give up. move it quick!

I thought this was a place to ask questions. Look for advice. Yes I am a newbie but I am not a dumbass.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Neal'88yj said:
I went through the same thing, get the lockright till you can upgrade. some people on this board don't understand what a budget is.

I do suggest upgrading in the future.
how much is a lock right? how much is a welded 14 bolt?

·
Registered
28,619 Posts
you're not?

you drove 240 miles with metal and no fluid in your r&p. Even if you filled it back with fluid, the carrier was still turning out chunks of metal for grinding in your r&p. If you wanted to avoid the dumbass comments, you shouldn't have driven it or at least pulled the carrier and driveshaft.

edit: oh and you DEFINATELY should have put the original in the newb forum instead of JEEP TECH :flipoff2:
AND, one more, I'll bet you had your spider gears welded didn't you?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dingus said:

I thought this was a place to ask questions. Look for advice. Yes I am a newbie but I am not a dumbass.
first of all , yes you are a dumbass. second of all this is a hardcore rock crawling tech forum, thirdly theres a thing called the newbie forum where you would have gotten more and better replys if you posted there .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Halogrinder said:
I second that....some people dont understand that a budget is one step up from being Po'.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
gipper said:
you're not?

you drove 240 miles with metal and no fluid in your r&p. Even if you filled it back with fluid, the carrier was still turning out chunks of metal for grinding in your r&p. If you wanted to avoid the dumbass comments, you shouldn't have driven it or at least pulled the carrier and driveshaft.

edit: oh and you DEFINATELY should have put the original in the newb forum instead of JEEP TECH :flipoff2:
AND, one more, I'll bet you had your spider gears welded didn't you?
Look noob, I know you are trying to look all badass and such, but driving a 35 without a carrier is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, unless this guy actually drove 240 miles with no fluid in his diff, that would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

·
Registered
15,131 Posts
Dingus said:

EXO said:

first of all , yes you are a dumbass. second of all this is a hardcore rock crawling tech forum, thirdly theres a thing called the newbie forum where you would have gotten more and better replys if you posted there .
First of all, both of you chill,

Second, Dingus, Lurk around without posting for a little bit and you will inderstand why people reacted the way they did at first.

and Third, EXO, you are correct that it should have been in the n00b tech forum but that is why Mo's post with the cow signaled that it had been moved to the n00b forum.

Q

·
Registered
456 Posts
Cue-Ball said:

First of all, both of you chill,

Second, Dingus, Lurk around without posting for a little bit and you will inderstand why people reacted the way they did at first.

and Third, EXO, you are correct that it should have been in the n00b tech forum but that is why Mo's post with the cow signaled that it had been moved to the n00b forum.

Q
umm im quite aware it is now in the noob forum, it wasnt at first. i was just letting him know why he is a dumbass and how to correct it

why in the hell are you telling me to chill? are you the pirate mental helper? this isnt chit chat

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a d35 lockright for sale.. $100.00 for it call me 916-628-9751
mike
hey I also blew out the spiders on my stock axel on the con.. just going down the trailhead to gatekeeper..lol
didnt know it till about half way to la Porte.. after coming home first..lol
then drove it home from brownsville.. to sac.. real slow and e-z lol..

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
EXO said:

why in the hell are you telling me to chill? are you the pirate mental helper? this isnt chit chat
Because as soon as it gets moved, the attitude should go away. No more explaining to people (like you) why they are dumbasses (like you are). So, now that it's here, people gotta keep it zipped unless they can help...or, unless some mouthy fawk (like you) needs to be yelled at by someone (like me).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts