Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stripping a MOG

Ok, I really need to get all the rusty and paint off my cab to restore it a bit. I would like to have it dipped, as that would remove everything. But I could also get it sand blasted as well. What do you guys think of either option.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
its mostly a matter of pocket $$ isnt it?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it is really a funtion of where to get it done. I have a place that blast's my stuff, but I have not been able to find anybody who dips here in Big D. I have not gotten a quote from teh blaster yet, but I forsee about $200

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
blast damages more than dipping but my understanding the damage is so minimal its of no real consequence over all. Dipping may get between things that you can't get to or wont know to get to when you seal/prime and repaint the metal ???

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fact that the dipping gets everything is what I like. But then again, If I cant get all of it recovered, it might have even more of a rust problem Good thought Coach.

I have also been thinking of making it a 4 door or even doing one of the 5 door jobs. Basically make a party rock MOG. I think I could seat about 8 plus just like a suburban. But I would also have to retire it from severe rock work if i made this conversion

·
Registered
122 Posts
KC:

I had a mog cab dipped once. It worked out real good. One of the problems is that you have to remove everything from the cab all wires, gauges etc. That was alot of work. If you sandblast you can tape some of the areas or if there in not a
problem with rust leave that area alone.

good luck

dan

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
there are a couple of places that blast with the plastic bbs and some that use baking soda. my brother had them blast the roof of a 300d [plastic bb's]that he had a couple of years ago. it was smooth as a babbys ass and i don't think it was bad price wise. the place is here in the metro plex. mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts