Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking the motor (TBI 350) and tranny (700R4) out of a 92 Chevy P/U C1500. I am going to be swapping it into a 73 Blazer 2wd. I want to keep the a/c and all of the creature features out of the 92. I have the entire front clip out and I took out the headlight, turn signal, and horn wire harness. I need to pull the engine and the tranny. When I start gutting the inside harness, how much do I need to keep? Is there an aftermarket kit I can buy and put into the 73, or is it easier to make the 92 work in it? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
295 Posts
off the top of my head, other things to take. the fuel tank, high pressure fuel lines, ecm. you can get a wiring harness from painless that will have the connectors for fuel injection and original 73 wiring.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Take as much wire and connectors as you can; especially if you are going to "build" a new harness. It's always easy to throw them away, but it's expensive and time consuming to find connectors.
Also take diagnostic jack, VSS module, and VSS, plus cables & connectors.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I took it ALL. fuel lines, all wiring. now the fun part will begin soon installing it into a 73 blazer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts