Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I was just thinking about small engiens for a light rig and I was thinking the gm 4.3 is a good canadate.

But I was thininking since its a choped 350 why not get a 400 cranck and chop it and make a 4.3 leter stroker. just an idea

but I guess cranck choping is too far booty fab

·
Premium Member
4,546 Posts
cant weld a crank like that and make it hold up, but for about $4000 i here you can get a crank made for what ever you want.

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,431 Posts
I think (not positive) there's a company or two that make stroker kits for the 4.3..... I was looking into that motor for my jeepster...

:usa:

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,431 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think the better post name is V6 4.3 HP UPGRADES,

I run headers, intake, plugs, just litlle changes

it would be great learming some upgrades mod`s

·
Registered
528 Posts
because the crank is still radically different for a V6

you're missing two cylinders and the firing order is completely fawking different.

that would throw the engine completely out of balance and would just be the stupidest thing somebody could possibly think of...

dumbass :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
houlster said:

I don't get it. Their "Race Ready 4.3 Stroker Shortblock" still has 4.3 liters displacement. So what's stroked about it?

--Dan
Looks like they are for mustangs. All the other stuff on that page is for mustangs, and their email address is [email protected]. Looks like someone just searched the web for 4.3 stroker, and posted what he found.

·
Registered
734 Posts
TR said:
Wow, geek code and attitude. I won't say much because I know what geek code is.

Anyway, I don't see much reason to build a 4.3L when you could buy that 3.8L aluminum block super charged engine. Isn't that the engine that Charlie Copsey runs? It would be a lot cheaper than getting a 4.3L, buying an aluminum block, ....

Used in Buick front wheel drive cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts