Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
soopatoy said:
well.....you could always search!!:rolleyes:

search this site as well as the internet and you should find what you are looking for.
Damn thats a technical answer! :flipoff2: Why don't you at least point him in the right direction.

I think this is a legit post, Just because the poster has a "Newbie" rating, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a good question!!!! Heck I was going to post this myself!

The only other company that I know of is Bobby Long but that was through a rumor. His site doesn't say anything about inners? There sure could be others since these inner axles would be really simple to make, but I don't know of any others.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I spoke to bobby about the inners yesterday morning (01-27-03) about his treatment. He wasn't real sure if if was worth it. And didn't try and push them at all. He said that he only treated the birfield spline area for now.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
4RnrRick said:

Damn thats a technical answer! :flipoff2: Why don't you at least point him in the right direction.

I think this is a legit post, Just because the poster has a "Newbie" rating, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a good question!!!! Heck I was going to post this myself!

The only other company that I know of is Bobby Long but that was through a rumor. His site doesn't say anything about inners? There sure could be others since these inner axles would be really simple to make, but I don't know of any others.
you be stupid to post this question rick, cro-mo inners from all-pro, just use the search button

Ben

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Yeah, I was talking about the inners. He said that he had done a few and that he only treated the birfield spline area for now. He also said that he felt like it only added about 10% to the strength. Like I said he really didn't try and push them at all, because I was going to send my shafts and birfs, but decided against it after talking with bobby and just sent my birfs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ben Holloway said:

you be stupid to post this question rick, cro-mo inners from all-pro, just use the search button

Ben
It seems to me that the original question asked if there were any other sources besides AP (all-pro). The search button would not have made a difference!
Guess AP is the way to go.
Thanks for the help though.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
I wonder if AP is making themselves:rolleyes: or who is making them for them. Gee I wonder if somone like Currie, Warn, or Moser and any one else with the proper machine tools could make them!!! Go to your local machine shop with axle in hand and tell them what you want!!! I will admit that I buy stuff from All-Pro:D

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
all- pro is currently the only company that builds an aftermarket alloy inner axle. i buy from all-pro. just curious why somebody would not want admit to buying from all-pro ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts