Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my friend has a 93 grand cherokee with a dana 35c rear end... well this past weekend we noticed his axle seal was leaking so we replaced it along with the barring. Well for wut ever reason the seal didn't take and he noticed it was leaking again the very next day. So yesterday he starts pulling it apart, he gets the clip out and everything *he had to use a hammer to tap the axle in actually* but when he goes to pull the axle out it wont come... it goes out to the normal possition then just stops...we even went down to autozone and got a slide hammer and it still will not budge! Neone else ever run in to this? And if so how did u fix it.

·
Banned
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow that would suck...

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Sorry, I hate to hear about shiat like that.

On the other hand. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sounds like you got yourself a nice boat anchor.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
These guys won't help you. What you need to do is this. Take the axle out from under the jeep. Secure it to an engine stand, a streetlight or structural member of your house. Tie a chain to the offending axle shaft and the other end to another car. Sidestep the clutch at 3000 rpm in the new tow vehicle. With any kind of luck, the stuck axle will come right out at a high rate of speed, piercing the back window of the tow vehicle, striking you in the head and rendering you incapable of posting any more innane crap or perhaps knocking enough sense into you to replace that worthless axle.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i have a dana 35 out of an 89 cherokee, 100 for the whole shebang located in pennsylvania, could crate it up and ship it

·
Registered
308 Posts
to bad your so far away, I could take the torch to it cut the offending tube in half so you could get that shaft right the hell out.

save yourself the troube and go buy an 8.8 at least.

·
Registered
40 Posts
dana 35

I have a stock dana 35 I am pulling out of my 88 yj next weekend or the weekend after that, is your buddy interested, all stock works perfect.

·
Registered
203 Posts
8.8 is what I have and man it's cheap compared to the shit you gotta do for a D35c. I used to have to use finesse to get over EVERYTHING, and feared doing obstacles that I don't fear now. Axle strength is awesome. The whole thing cost about $400 to put under my Jeep. Just get a good deal and have a friend with a welder help you out.

If you wanna keep the D35c do what Butler told you to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts