Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remove the spindle not on my 95 ram 1500 4x4. It looks like a regular thread instead of a reverse thread. Am I correct on that assesment? And does anyone have any tricks besides heat, penetrating spray and breaker bar?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Std thread- First time I took mine off, it took a 6ft cheater pipe on a 3/4" drive breaker bar. I broke my last 3/4 drive breaker bar doing a set on my '95 D60 axle...

A little heat might not hurt... if the bearing is already toast

Good Luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last time I did my drivers side hub assembly... I used anti-seize and lots of it.. well when the assembly went out again I went to remove and it was stuck SOLID !

PB did nothing...

I ended up using 3/4 drive breaker and my high lift on the end for leverage.

I put it up and shoulder into it... pushed it like mofo and it finally broke free.

Another time I used pipe little thineer than my hi lift handle and it bent before coming off with a huge pop.... again with anti-seize.

Good luck ! Also if you do use heat.. be very lite on it.. heat can kill.

·
Registered
555 Posts
does the outer nut have what looks like a couple 4mm (5/32") hex shape sockets? if so those are your recessed locking screws. losen those and the outer nut spins right off.

the D44 HD on my 67 power wagon had them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Its regular thread, as stated, just put a big cheater bar on it and crank down.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dont even try a 1/2" bar, itll break...I used a 3/4 after I broke 3 1/2"s... theyre torqued on at like 1million ft/lbs...good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts