Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm not saying I'm OLD, just feeling my age and noticing quite a few things as I am getting older.
Pair of balls hanging too low?
Trouble reading fine print?
Forgot where the reading glasses are?
Jeep fags looking beautiful?

Two old "crotchety misers" I work for, one is 72 & other is 95. Proof country living builds character.

Happy Birthday you puppy-

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
but even the young little panty waste move out of my way and huddle in a group. Like I'm some wilderbeast that must be given a healthy amount of space or something.
A couple of buddies of mine thought it was the funnest thing when we were squeezing behind some bus benches near UNM, a group of college kids started down the other end, all I said was "Gentlemen we were here first" Al and Mark waited till we were passed before they started laughing since the boys had all climbed over the bench to get out of the way, rather than just backing out of the way :D

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
Drink yer Geritol, Francis.
:laughing:

I'm REALLYT trying to respect my elders! And see this is what I'm talking about. The little exchange right there would send some of the younger kids looking for a kitty and a safe space.

What the heck happened to harmless ribbing and not getting all bent out of shape? Dam kids.
You know Wal mart in Lakeside has it. I saw it when I was looking for stuff for my aunt's birthday party

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Well I turn 55 next month, and for some reason I am really feeling it. My fawkin legs have been aching like hell in the morning. And I just feel down on energy. I guess I will have to see a doc if this doesn't get better.
I swear the biggest thing that drives me nuts is how fawkin lazy the younger ones are. I always worked overtime if it was available. And if it wasn't, I was hustling work on the side.
Hell most don't want to work 40 hrs a week.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I find myself much more opinionated than I used to be. Trouble is, nobody listens to me. I'm just the old fart that doesn't know dick all.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree with all of this, but I'm only 37 and I've already been this way for a good decade. Maybe it was joining the PBB at 17 that did this to me. :laughing:
I feel this way too, i started lurking at 15 and joined at 17. It definitely shaped my worldview :laughing::laughing:

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,733 Posts
47 here and I feel it, twice as old in my bones, most of the time.

You could probably say I had a rough life. Doc says I need both knees and a hip replaced. Already had my back worked on.

Things I've noticed: I can't press that D300 in anymore. I can still lift it, but arms start tiring too quickly to get it onto the studs.

I have a 1/4 of my voicemail, texts and PM's filled from dead people. I will never get rid of them. Seems like we're all getting old or getting called Home. I spend time looking at their Facebook, MySpace or LiveJournal. It's like they're still around. I read posts here on PBB over and over... it's an electronic museum.

I wonder if people will do that when I am gone.

I told my wife the other day that I look forward to dying. No, I am not suicidal. Thing is, I think I am stuck and bored in my life, supporting kids while in limbo. I am tired and I continue to do the same thing, working too much, over and over again, while they do all the new things... until they're out of the house. She wasn't happy.

Maybe that changes when my youngest is out of the house, or I don't have 2 kids in college sucking all my funds away. Getting relief from all the toil sounds nice.

I am still not entitled to anything I won't do for myself.

I don't get the younger generations either. New clothing styles (not the re-hashed stuff), hair or grooming. Everyone wants to "chill" but complain that they don't have the life they want. Had a 20 something ask me to do something he wouldn't do himself at work. I about died of laughter and he took offense.

I also find that I don't see, hear or remember as well as I used to. I also pretend to not hear or see as well as I used to.

Sometimes it's just nice to be left alone.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
About to turn 47 and I don't feel like I'm slowing down yet but I am making different choices on things and age is factoring into them.

I'm starting to do the things that I always figured "someday". Well had a few friends kick the bucket so someday is now today. Been banging out the bucket list items.

I am way more careful about form in the gym and saving my joints and careful on my diet.

I just changed careers and age and lifestyle was a huge factor in the decision. My old job was a high hour/high stress grind that was putting me into an early grave. New career is way lower stress and more interesting to me. Figured if I died on the job, my company would have had the job posting up before my obituary.

I give a shit less and less about the small things that used to stress me out in life.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Keerist, at 50 I was still going balls to the wall!! Now at 62 I’m realizing I can’t do that anymore. It’s frustrating as hell. I have so much more to accomplish before I croak. :(

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I catch myself starting sentences with "I remember when....." more ofter than I'd like to <a href="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title=":(" >:)</a>
Mine is quoting movies or comedians and have someone just look at you and go huh?
I mean how could you go through life without seeing American Graffiti, Blazing Saddles... I'll give you Justin Wilson, and Jerry Clower.
Mine is quoting movies or comedians and have someone just look at you and go huh?
I mean how could you go through life without seeing American Graffiti, Blazing Saddles... I'll give you Justin Wilson, and Jerry Clower.
"Where are all the white women at?"

<a href="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/laughing.gif" border="0" alt="" title="laughing" >:)</a>
Exactly.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Keerist, at 50 I was still going balls to the wall!! Now at 62 I’m realizing I can’t do that anymore. It’s frustrating as hell. I have so much more to accomplish before I croak. :(
53 and still working circles around friends, coworkers and neighbors. Is it your mindset or body that gave up? Worried about this as well.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
60 is dead ahead for me. My old man dropped from cancer at 42, and having beaten that stuff myself, I'm pretty thrilled to be around. I can still do most of what I want to do, I work smarter now and try not to just bull through heavy stuff... I work a lot smarter and am calmer than I was when I was younger.

I'm still glad I can work hard and get stuff done. I have lots I want to do before I'm done, but I have accomplished the stuff I set out to do originally, now I just see stuff that I think would be fun to do.

When I was younger and would have an ache or a pain or an injury, I'd kind of worry about it... at this stage, I know pain well enough to not be overwhelmed by it... it comes and stays and then subsides... '

super glad to be here... now, I best get outside and get some shit done.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
53 and still working circles around friends, coworkers and neighbors. Is it your mindset or body that gave up? Worried about this as well.
I'm gonna say both. I'm still able to hike up mountains and hunt, but I do feel it the next day. I'm sure living at almost 8k feet above sea level and playing at 10k feet plays a small role... I still work hard also, can still monkey around and rough a house like any other shmoe.

Attitude does play into it as well though. Not lazy, just tend to not give a rip about certain things so much.

:homer:

I kind of wonder what life would be like at a lower elevation. I love it so much up here though! The kids have branched off into Washington now, up near Bellingham. May be traveling out there at some point, will see what it feels like down low for a time.

·
Damn kids
14,329 Posts
One thing I find awesome is thinking about the span of what you experience in a long life.

Things like 48 states, analog devices, dial telephones, B&W movies, the Rat Pack, all sorts of things.

As you age there is a far greater body of experience and knowledge to draw upon. It is very cool.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
My fawkin legs have been aching like hell in the morning.
Peripheral Artery Disease? Just an idea from searching at the time...

I did have leg aches (mostly right leg) for almost 2 years & it magically went away. No neglecting; I went to a young Fordham trained doctor on staff & she said "nothing's wrong." Fuck, I was taking up to 8 aspirin per work shift & had to repeatedly sit down plus eating the sweets to take pain edge off...

All testing results showed "normal"-

21 - 40 of 143 Posts