Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so to start with i have a v6 tcase going to a 4cyl 3rd in the front. i am trying to make a back up front shaft and need to find out about getting a part.
the exact name eludes me at the moment but its the part that houses the ujoint and connects to the tcase flange. i have extras of the other end from broken rear drive shafts. so can any one tell me the specific name or where i can find some? the junk yards only sell whole shafts as one would imagine and i dont wanna spend 75 bucks on one for the one part i am gonna cut off to put on square tube.

an alternate question would be can i put the other style flange on the front? are they interchangeable? can i take a flange off an extra 3rd member and put it on the tcase?
thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I consider the part that houses the u-joint on the driveshaft side the yoke. Now the part that houses the joint that bolts to the flange on the case or 3rd,I consider that a flange.

I was under the impression that some Toy flanges have a different bolt pattern. I think the newer (14mm bolt) flanges are all the same. The older (12mm bolt) flanges vary from t-case to 3rd members. Don't quote me on this,but I think this is all true.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know in my case which is a 92 v6 have the 14mm bolts but diffrent flanges for front and rear of the tcase. and yoke was the word i was looking for, thank you sir.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooops thanks, i have been considering doing that. i assume u took it off to drill, and my question to that is this. once off what is the spec to re torque? thanks for the prompt answers!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
OOP'S said:
You can drill the flange for the correct bolt pattern, all four of the flanges on my truck are drilled for either one!!!!:D
My spare shaft flange will have a different bolt pattern than my t-case flange's. I went ahead and drilled both t-case flanges for both patterns,that way I will be able to run my spare shaft front or rear. Oh I've got Dana yokes on the other ends so no worries there about any bolt pattern's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Which part do you need? One end has a slip joint, the other has a CV joint (aka double cardan joint). And, do you need the whole end assembly or just the piece of the yoke that bolts to the flange?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have decided i should just drill the flange so they all have the same bolt pattern. so i have plenty of spare stuf here broken rear shafts to make my new front and spare front. thanks for all the advise and help!:flipoff2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts