Pirate 4x4 banner

Stupid Electrical problem...Help!

719 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nwmud 
#1 ·
I searched and had it in Newb but cant figure it out :flipoff2: I cant seem to figure this out somebody help me out please? Heres the diagram I am using for my truck (75' SII) Everything starts and runs fine, shuts off fine but how should I wire my alternator? The way I have it in the diagram didnt work because it supplied 12V the coil at all times so it wouldt shut off. My main question is what should I wire the #1 wire into so it charges correctly? I also have a slow power leak somewhere? Is that becasue the way I had the alternator wired in? Anything I should change? THanks
Jason

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Number one goes to a switched power source (turns the alt on and off) number two goes to the main power junction (remote voltage sensing) and the charge wire goes to the main power junction. You could leave remote voltage sensing where it is, but if you have bad wires between the alt and the battery you could end up with a low power situation.

In order to fix the turning off problem, you have to separate the coil power wire from the alt wiring. What happens is the number one term does two things, it turns the alt on when you turn the key on, and then it makes a small amount of juice. This balance of power on each side of the alt light keeps the idiot light from coming on, so when you turn the key off the idiot light comes on (it does, doesn't it?) and grounds through the coil, keeping your motor running.

[edit] the light you have wired in on the yellow wire,does that stay on all the time? To use that as an idiot light you need to have one side wired to the ign switch and the other side wired to the appropriate term on the alt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.