Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Shocks…….

Why would you need shocks on Rocks… Super slow suspension articulation ….

Why not just run shocks on rigs that are road legal and make a quick disconnect for them for Off-road slow moving scenes?

If this is JU & dumb-a$$ kind of question….. Cool…. I just was wandering!

Plus its later afternoon Saturday and I just spent the last 5 hours working on my heep, an drinking Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
Pottsy

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I havent ran shocks on the rear of my rig for over a year now. As soon as i get my lazy ass moving i will be putting them back on. If you have to ask this question just go unbolt your shocks and play on the rocks. Just because you are going slow doesnt mean that you dont need shocks.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Go take the rear shocks off the '83 Carmaroo sitting on your neighbors front lawn. Now give it a good up down motion. Does it keep going like that fawking pink bunny? You bet. That would fully suck in the rocks.

Funny thing My friend Mike (Mike S on here) won RRCA using really nice coil over shocks with some very sophisticated valving compared to the Tennaco/ monroe et all's on your moms Chevette or on your Jeep. Keep drinking. :rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I dont have rear shocks, over 1 yr now. I broke them offf and just left it thinking I didnt need em in rocks anywho.
well I'll tell ya.....
you need em, especially when getting off camber, they slow the spring rate so your spring doesnt rebound and tip you over.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i also believe they control wheel hop somewhat when climbing...
as others said take em off and go out and play.

I drove around and wheeled withoutrears for a time...sucked dropping off of stuff hitting large ruts etc.. puts alot more stress on the leaf packs i think.

MJ

·
Registered
933 Posts
just find shocks that work for what lift you have and give you a nice ride and flex no matter where you go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.