Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting a fuel cell in my 88 chevy wheeler and need to replace the crappy electic fuel pump that the p.o. put on there. whats a good fuel pump to use that is pretty sealed against the elements and will flow enough for the stock tbi 350?

·
Registered
295 Posts
are you trying to go with a manual pump? or just a better electric one?

i could be wrong but i have no knowledge of a manual pump that puts out enough psi for TBI.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just an after market electrical one. i looked and it has an edelbrock pump on it but after a few trips through the mud the pump is making some noises. just wondering what a good gph would be, ill also be getting a fuel pressure regulater at the same time.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looked up the aforementioned fuel pumps and saw that they are kind of pricy. nice but alittle out of my budget. what pressure pump would be nessesary to run the motor?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that might fit the bill nicely, i just spent 20 minute searching summitracings backward ass site to find fuel pumps for my truck and all they came up with was an edelbrock one for there mpfi swap. thanks for the help :smokin:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did some reading around at cfm-tech.com (are they any good) and they say that 14 psi is about max for a basically stock tbi 350 motor. im going to be adding a snorkel into the cab so i dont know if that will increase or decrease airflow. doesnt really matter though since im going for reliability over power. a nice adjustable regulator and pump should be what the doctor ordered. now for my next stupid question, im mounting the fuel cell in a toolbox (plenty of ventilation). would it be ok to mount the pump in there as well? im assuming no in case it sparks and there are vapors but i figured id ask.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what i figured on the tool box. i looked at different holley pumps (red,blue and black label) the red is to weak at a 7psi but both the black and blue label will put out 14 psi. however, the black label puts out 140 gph and the blue label puts out 110 gph. theres only a 20ish dollar difference between them, which one would any of you get? im thinking the black label incase i upgrade the motor later but im not sure how the gph would effect the psi and all that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts