Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 cj-5 with a chevy 350. I wanna convert to power steering. What boxes can I use and what has to be done to them to make them work? I tried search but never found any info.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to the salvage yard and found a box I thought would work.I had to cut and drill out a bolt that was frozen in place.Than I went to an auto parts store and bought a pitman puller.After I pulled the pitman arm I noticed the swing wasn't the same as on my manual box.I went back to the salvage yard to try to find another one with a bigger swing.After looking for awhile the guys working there talked me into trying the box I got from them and try to run it.Ow well waste of a ride but what the hell.I got home and pulled the pitman arm off my old box to put on the new box.Muthafuker don't fit.I know someone here has the info I need.Come on share your knowledge.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Have you bothered attempting to search at all????

You need a CJ power steering pitman arm. Searching would have told you that along with what to pull a box from. :shaking:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a search and it came up with about every answer except the one I needed.Which box should I use?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info now you all can go back to your normal lives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts