Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post somewhere online a year or so back on Subaru Birfield and shafts in a Samurai axle.
Any info I didn't find in search here?

Before the Toydrones kick in, please don't.
If I wanted to I could and would but I do not for more than one reason.

A:) The $30k rig guys are now molesting the Samurai remaining vehicle stock and they have driven axle prices to unbelievable heights. Coupled with what, almost 40 years since Toyota discontinued the live front axle and that makes this cop out more unobtainable every day.

2:)I like my wheels and 5 lugs are more than enough, especially with the Greg Moser studs I am running for 1/2" Cragar Street Super Trick nuts.

~:) Everytime someone casts off a set of Samurai axles on the market that is another set I can maybe afford and cabbage parts from or build a cheap spare set. Not that complicated to change even though I am not doing a SPOA.

Z:)Never been much at playing Follow the Leader.

Sorry for the Antiyoda rant but it seems as if every thread I read on this topic the harps fire up and everyone worships at the altar of Kiichiro Toyoda.

Thanks for your understanding and any info you can share.
Rob from OldboyRacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda like when we threw out our banana seats and Krate wheels to make BMX bikes in the early 1970s.
I still want to build the axles I have, or if power gets too much maybe do 9" setups since the aftermarket loves those.
Glad to hear the Toyota guys getting some relief though. They may want to use their own Damme axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts