Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is using one of these, and for what?

Powering a MM winch?
Rear steer?
Powering hydro boost brakes?

Just pulled one from my local PnP and need ideas.

 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
subaru pump

here is a pic of my friend's hybrid and he uses the subaru pump on a toggle switch to run his rear steer. btw those are 44's and rockwells! :flipoff2:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,777 Posts
Old Scout said:
So who is using one of these, and for what?

Powering a MM winch?
Rear steer?
Powering hydro boost brakes?

Just pulled one from my local PnP and need ideas.

Old Scout...

I see low pressure, high pressure, and filler cap....could that be!

well have you wired it to see if it would run upside down?
 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Subaru electric P/S pump

Harvester of Sorrow said:


Old Scout...

I see low pressure, high pressure, and filler cap....could that be!

well have you wired it to see if it would run upside down?
You have a Chrystal Ball and see a roll in my future?:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
I got one this weekend for $25 w/ hoses, cool little unit. Going to run hydraulics on the rear suspension with it. Anyone good with internet searches can find me a cheap four position manual hydraulic valve (two direction plus open & closed) I'd appreciate it :flipoff2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,963 Posts
Bigdude,

How did you intend to hook your hellas to the factory switch, PICTURES?

That pump looks cool, is it loud?

CJ
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
CJ Lagos said:
Bigdude,

How did you intend to hook your hellas to the factory switch, PICTURES?

That pump looks cool, is it loud?

CJ
I went to the dealer and ordered the factory dash inlay and switch. Pretty cool and it only cost me $200. I think I might have them wire it up for me also but right now I'm still trying to figure out where to mount my Hellas (light bar, bumper, etc) :flipoff2:

I haven't ran my pump yet because I've got no valves :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Re: subaru pump

ROCKTOY74 said:
here is a pic of my friend's hybrid and he uses the subaru pump on a toggle switch to run his rear steer. btw those are 44's and rockwells! :flipoff2:
What's the speed like turning those tires? Is it reasonable or kind of slow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
bigdude said:
I got one this weekend for $25 w/ hoses, cool little unit. Going to run hydraulics on the rear suspension with it. Anyone good with internet searches can find me a cheap four position manual hydraulic valve (two direction plus open & closed) I'd appreciate it :flipoff2:
BD- try The Surplus Center. They've got a whole catalog full of that kind of stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
bigdude said:
I got one this weekend for $25 w/ hoses, cool little unit. Going to run hydraulics on the rear suspension with it. Anyone good with internet searches can find me a cheap four position manual hydraulic valve (two direction plus open & closed) I'd appreciate it :flipoff2:
Try http://www.northerntool.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Re: Re: subaru pump

well the setup works pretty good but it is kinda slow. i would think with a smaller tire it would work a little better
broncorob said:


What's the speed like turning those tires? Is it reasonable or kind of slow?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top