Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 series suburban, when in four wheel drive and making a hard left or right turn the truck feels like it wants to push the tires over, like buckle underneath of themselves. Did they come with lockers from the factory, front and rear, that's the only thing I can think of? Everything else, steering arms are all tight. If they did come from the factory with lockers how do I tell, will the VIN indicate anything or would the axles be stamped? The rear looks like it is a 14b semifloater, and a 10b front end. Anyone help me out here. I would like to find out without pulling the diffs apart. Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Too vague, What year?? is it full time 4x4???(no locking hubs), Are the hubs (if it has em) locked in??

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You might have the factory "govt. locker" in the rear. As for the tires buckling worst case scenario is that you have different gear ratios and it's causing the driveline to "buckle". pull the codes off the axle and go to dealer and check out ratio/locker option. I hope it's just u-joints going "out" on ya. Good luck

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I would say that what you are describing is normal driveline bind. It is especially pronounced in a long wheelbase vehicle like a Suburban. Are you using 4WD on pavement or other surface that does not allow the tires to slip?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the truck is a 82, the ratios are the same, it's fine when diving straight, and turning, just on hard turning, it feels likes it's pushing the truck straight and the wheels are being pushed over, all the ujoints look good, as well as all the steering linkages. I have never experienced what a locked rear feels like in a big ol POS, Shaker, you going to BD's, if you are look for a Red FJ40 on 35" BFGMT's. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you're driving on dry pavement then the "binding" is normal when turning hard. Try it on gravel and you won't even notice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts