Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about best near-miss? A lot of people haven't rolled their trucks, but have probably come close at some point. Let's see those pics of near-misses, almost-rolled, could-have-been-bad-but-wasn't situations!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Here's one. I rolled off a ledge in Louisiana once in granny low and when I went over I stood up on the front anfloored it and the tires moved about 5mph...not enough to pull the rear end down.

Over I was going when the rollbar whacked a tree and pitched the Cruiser on the left side.

I landed hard and rode 2 wheels for about 30 yards.

Broke my birfield when it landed.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
My entrance to Upper Heldorado???

:flipoff2:

(I really need to see that video ;) )

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
i almost rolled once but my friends barn stopped me, i then proceeded to lift the entire roof off his barn

that was quite a night

·
Registered
210 Posts
Most have probably seen this, but I almost rolled my beloved pig... who would have known she was so top heavy?!?!?

Cheers
Tyler
:fj:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just got back from a long day of wheeling and went to my buddies cabin. There was a whole bunch of my friends there and they wanted to see my truck in action. I told them I could drive up the big tree in the front yard. So I did, but as I was goin up my foot slipped off the clutch and the truck went! I teetered on my passenger wheels for like 3 seconds.:rolleyes: Bsically if a light wind came up I would have gone over. The bad thing was I didnt have my seatbelt on or doors or a top.

Dan

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one was mine, going down a very steep drop on Martinez Canyon in Arizona. Truck's high-geared so I was going down too fast, halfway down I caught a hole and this was the result...whew! Funny thing is, the truck didn't hit the berm on the driver's side...weird, huh? This would have been a killer, it was a long drop down!

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Open front and trying to get through on momentum. My left side started climbing the side of the ditch, and my muddy boot slipped off the clutch pedal so I couldn't get it to stop. This pic is actually after I came down some.
No damage incurred. Just put it in reverse, and used the starter to back down.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
I guess that one was actually over. This one looks cooler. Same trip, but no roll. It looks funny cause I'm steering into the hill, but I was actually stuck here and was sawing the wheel trying to get free. Wish I had one of those inclinometers. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found another close on. This was on a mtn biking trip in New Mexico, I couldn't resist a little wheeling on the side. Miscalculated the size and inclination of a big step, and almost put the big bitch over. You can't really see it but the rear driver side tire is off and going. Funny, pictures are always from this angle because my wife *always* volunteers to get off and take the picture...I wonder why?! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
60seriesguy said:
How about best near-miss? A lot of people haven't rolled their trucks, but have probably come close at some point. Let's see those pics of near-misses, almost-rolled, could-have-been-bad-but-wasn't situations!
Good idea for a contest but what about all the great near misses that don't get caught on film. I'd think the really true near misses often get missed as far as pics go.

I know this....being the winner of the "stupidest act in a Cruiser " contest. :rolleyes:

Every time I go wheeling it 's a near miss waiting to happen:D :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Well whatever the contest is.....I say we DQ reddog right outta the gate. He's won too much stuff already. :flipoff2: Lucky bastard! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I had a dumb time on Poison Spider Mesa at CM this year. I had atleast 400lbs on the roof rack (jerry cans, two spares, water cans) and there were just a few hairy moments where I knew I had only 2 tires on.

The worst part was actually comming back. The easy little first obstacle, climbing back out I hit the stupid pedal to compensate for no gearing and the 55 went up! Both front tires were in the air, and the truck was sitting on the left side rocker. I couldn't back down without slowly tipping over, same with forward.

Wish I had pictures.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Re: Re: Suggestion for New Contest!

Reddog said:

Every time I go wheeling it 's a near miss waiting to happen:D :eek: :rolleyes:
i think a couple of pansy wheeling shots every time you pick up a wheel is a bad idea

i agree with reddog every time i go wheeling its a near miss waiting to happen, or disaster and carnage, every time i romp the pedal :flipoff2: picking wheels up, is part of the fun, its when your cage is on terrafirma, and you got two wheels in the air, and your still driving forward to those horrible noises, steer into it, and drive out, thats a near miss :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Not a LC, and not really wheeling, but does this count??:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well whatever you guys want to do I'm in, no matter what Glo says:flipoff2:

But since I just recieved my new Lone Star Cruiser's ball cap I'm feeling generous....

So I'd like to donate one of my T-Case Savers to the next pool of prizes.
:D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here are my submissions for near-miss. Both from the Badlands in Attica, IN. I no longer own the rig, building a new sportier model.

#1. steep climb fully getting it when the front tire caught a root and I ended up like this (Note Woody doing his Spider Man Impression):

#2. Antother steep climb, front end got light again and I pivoited on the spare tire side to side on each rear tire until it came down. This pic caught the action with only the spare and 1 rear tire toughing mother earth. :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
NO PICTURES, BUT I CAME VERY, VERY CLOSE TO DROPPPING THE CRUISER OFF OF THE TOP OF A HIGHLIFT AND ONTO MY LEG WHEN I WAS DOING MY FRONT AXLE SPRING OVER, DOES THAT COUNT? :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
texican said:
REDDOG DID YOU KNOW YOU WON THE OTHER LSC CAP FROM IH8TMUD TODAY?????????????

Now you know why everyione is pissed at u
Damn, I feel darn right special, or at least lucky. I didn't know.

As much as I'd like to have two hats, I think we should give this one to someone else, otherwise I'd be feeling greedy.
What do you guys think ?

BTW, Butch thanks for the sticker that came with the hat.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts