Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. i just bought a 78 scout II from my girlfriend for $500. its got a 345 automatic dana 44s(at least im pretty damn sure)

i drove it home and the tranny was pouring out oil so i borrowed my girls truck and towed it the rest of the way. changed the tranny oil filter and the pan gasket and its been perfect.

i drove it again and got an electrical fire but i fixed it right away and luckily nothin was too majorly burnt.

I am new to scouts but have always loved them. im not so new to wheelin though. ive had a 90 SAS toyota, and a 88 YJ.

Basically im jsut say whats up? and getting to know the scout. i dont have a recent pic but this is what it looked like before my girlfriend stripped the paint like an idiot.

awhile ago i stumbled across a site that sold a quarter elliptical suspension kit for scout IIs...anyone know this site?

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
If you're wanting to dump a bunch of the OEM junk on it and mod it, read the FAQ here and search/read a LOT before asking a bunch of dumbass questions.

If you're wanting to keep it pretty stockish, then go to www.binderbulletin.org and ask all the dumbass questions you want. They like that. :laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
I think the 1/4 elliptic build you're refering to is Project 2 (TC) on my extreme buildups
http://www.dandcextreme.com/extremebuildups.asp

Although that scout worked great, I no longer support the 1/4 elliptic suspensions, not only are they expensive (springs) to do right, but the mounts are very tricky and not very adjustable without getting new springs (expensive). I LOVE coils though. They're MUCH cheaper and you can really fine-tune your hieght and spring rate. Better on the road (driving manners) as well.

Take a look at the Link conversion kits we're doing now. Here's the prototype
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=380538

Here's the kit in final form.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=427198#post427198

Several guys here on the POR board have done coils before, so search and enjoy. If you have any questions, let us know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love how you d bags talk trash on the binderbulletin. Your so fucking cool. It has its purpose, like you don't visit the site just to check shit out. Please.

Anyway, looks like a nice scout. enjoy

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I love how you d bags talk trash on the binderbulletin. Your so fucking cool. It has its purpose, like you don't visit the site just to check shit out. Please.

To use some of your "lingo" Your so fucking cool. Way to call someone out!! Talk about a D-Bag!:shaking::shaking::shaking: Please come back on Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts

It does have a purpose, that's why we send people there. And no, I don't go there "just to check things out". We have all moved past that stage, anything we want to know is here.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts

Welcome to Pirate, Ass Hat. Surely you didn't join just to post that. Not a good start. Talking shit on your first post isn't the thing to do dumb fawk. I agree that BB has it's purpose I also am a member there and that is where my build thread is, but who are you to come in here on your first post and bitch because someone is bashing something : Which I think Mechanos was actually letting the OP know early on that bolt on mods and stupid questions don't get you far here: FawK OFF!!!!!:mad3:

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

WOW!

Your scary. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there a site called anythingscout.com or a place in north cali in loomis called http://www.ihonlynorth.com/about.php and by the way I have t-case for sell if interesed it a dana 20 w/3:15 to 1 tera low gears $600.00
thanks everyone...right now im just stripping the paint and repainting it but i can try to come up with some cash for that tcase...not promising anything though..if i get the cash ill see if you still have it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my buddy stripping the paint with a wire wheel(i know it isnt good for the metal or paint job but its quick.
almost done painting the driver side panels...just going with a green rattle can and the top will be black. im going to the junk yard this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of some bucket seats that bolt up so i dont have to patch the other holes. i searched but no luck. just curious though.
after my girl screwed up the stock paintjob this is what i was dealin with...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts