Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 87 sami for five hundred bucks:D and am slowly working out the kinks. Once it's road worthy I'd like to start playing with it. My objective isn't to build an extreme machine but a very capable daily driver rig that still gets ok gas milage. This thread isn't so much to document a build up but more of me asking what to do. My money goes into my other rig and this is pretty much a toy for now. So lay on the junkyard tech, any thing thats free or cheap that you've done please lemme know. Right now I'm trying to find what rims will give me a little more offset and have room for the hubs. (my factory steel rims are bent.)

·
Registered
652 Posts
my buddy is building budget sami he has around a grand into it and
picked up wheels for 75 on CL
Picked up tires for 250 at a rockcrawling comp
picked up 5.83 geared axles with four link front three link rear welded and rear disc brake conversion for 300 on CL
sami was a freebie hauled it off for a guy
clutch kit for around 200 and its getting close to ready to wheel
if you e mail me @ [email protected] ill shoot you some pics
but my point to you is parts are cheap for these things

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome. I haven't found any deals as good as that yet but i'm definately keeping my eye out on cl. Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
buy a sawzall and a buzzbox and some steel to go with them. You can fab (hack) just about anything you need with those 2 tools and you wont have to lift it. If you're into the bling shit buy a 4 1/2" grinder to clean the stuff up. Hey you said it was super budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts