Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else done this besides Johnny ( Wild Yoats)?

I'm not quite done yet, still gotta clean up the edges a bit then weld it on there.

EDIT: My server was being fussy, scroll down to see pictures.

·
Registered
801 Posts
The ones Rick posted are of my buddies. He started a thread a few weeks ago, have no idea where it's at now, look for username moparben.

Here's mine by hopefully fall:

One thing I'm going to do is connect the front part of the bed to the cab to keep unwanted cab flexing from happening. So then my bobbed bed will get even shorter.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
4RnrRick said:
Heres some picts of another one I seen on the web.

I want a dual cab first gen so bad! that thing looks really good, and looks like a lot of work :( .

·
Registered
801 Posts
RightPedal said:
That picture isn't real. It fatures some creative uses of photoshop. ;)

Read what he wrote again. ;)

Some people would fall for it.....:rolleyes:

This is how I plan out most/all my body modifications. Before the bed bob I made several photo chops of what I thought I wanted. The extra-cab project is no different. I have a few images I like and a lot I don't.

The images of Ben's 4-door project are good. He has A LOT of work left to do. I guess he wants power windows for the rear doors which were cut down to fit the width of new opening, lots of body work! If you notice his rear springs are way long... 4 or 3 link going into the rear next.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
4RnrRick said:
Heres some picts of another one I seen on the web.

It looks to me like this guy might have a hard time stuffing his rears.

I mean, it looks like he's got about 1" of clearance between the tire and the "cab" corner.

I really dig the idea though. :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
No custom cut down windows, they are factory windows that came in the front with vent wings, so he can use the cranks, no special power window motors.......and yes he is going link rear, and as far as stuffing the rears, notice the ink line? Yes he is cutting the cab or as I remnember on CCC's bb he said he has cut it. Anyone that wants to know more, instead of 2nd guessing, go to CCC's site, link in my sig and ask the owner:D there is a thread there and you can find out more info if you want to.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
that window idea is great, I was trying to figure out how i was going to do that part. Ok, that settles it, I'm doing this.

·
Registered
801 Posts
SeaBass- Not sure if you thought I meant custom cut windows? I know better. I think he's been wanting to use a power window feature for the rear windows. I think he had to cut through the window crank area in order to get it all to fit.

He's not online very much, only gets to the computer probably once a week or so, if that. I know he checks our clubs emails about 1-2 times a week.

If someone has questions about Ben's 4-door project just email me and I'll be sure he gets it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
daver

Hey I know that Cab!!!!! hahaha

what great memories:beer:

sorry about the busted back window in the white cab...if you need a slider I have one out of an '80 truck if you want it

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Toyofast said:
SeaBass- Not sure if you thought I meant custom cut windows? I know better. I think he's been wanting to use a power window feature for the rear windows. I think he had to cut through the window crank area in order to get it all to fit.

He's not online very much, only gets to the computer probably once a week or so, if that. I know he checks our clubs emails about 1-2 times a week.

If someone has questions about Ben's 4-door project just email me and I'll be sure he gets it.
I was just throwing out the info I could remember;) he probley did cut through the crank location,Doh! So far it looks slick!~not hack:p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts