Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i bought a super charger from a pbb member but i can't remember his name, this was about 4 weeks+ ago. the question is, how much gear oil do i put in the super charger, do i fill it up to the top were the plug is???? or do i fill it up to the lower plug. and i am pretty sure he said that it used gear oil, 80-90 wait. it is a b&m super charger for a 20-22r and uses the stock carb on it. any help would be great.

CLiff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this a screw type blower? If it is you can Go to a Pontiac dealer to get supercharger oil(gtp), you can also get it from the ford dealers(lightning), but it's cheaper at the pontiac dealers. Not sure off the top of my head what weight it is, but all the new lightning guys go through the pontiac dealers to get their oil.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If its a B&M, call them for oil recomendations. I wouldn't use oil for another brand of blower unless you are sure they are the same. The Ford unit is made by Eaton. You fill the Eaton from the top plug untill it comes out of the bottom plug.

·
Registered
408 Posts
REBELTOY said:
Is this a screw type blower? If it is you can Go to a Pontiac dealer to get supercharger oil(gtp), you can also get it from the ford dealers(lightning), but it's cheaper at the pontiac dealers. Not sure off the top of my head what weight it is, but all the new lightning guys go through the pontiac dealers to get their oil.
Don't the pontiacs and fords use roots superchargers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i don't know what kind of iol you should use but e cliff is alway up to some thing cool, first a trick turbo set up on chewbacas runner and know a super charger???? whats next????

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fill it up till it comes out the side plug. dont overfill. And that oil should be ok but check on it. My toy has a 600 HP weiand on it and it is roots and takes normal gear oil. However you should buy the best synthetic you can get your hands on.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
:eek: eek: :eek: I have seen this truck , shure is purty:flipoff2:

1985 TOY TRUCK, FULL BLOWN CHEVY 350 V8, DUAL 4 BRL EDELBROCKS ON A 6-71 WEIAND. RUNNING ON METHANE. 625+ HP. REAR DANA 70 WITH DISK BRAKES, 60 FRONT, WELDED & LOCKED, 44"BOGGERS, FULL HYDRAULIC STEERING, RADIATOR IN BED, TILT FRONTEND, W9000I ( YES IT IS BUILT MOSTLY FOR ROCKCRAWLING, WITH A LITTLE EXTRA HP ). www.4x4realm.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is a plug at the bottom that is about the same hiegth as the the drive shast and the super charger is sitting at a angle i bought tit from peliu or pueliu??? i dont remember the user name and i have tryed the search. i got it a mounth or so ago, and wanted to make sure it is right before i runnit. also if some one could tell me, how much of the overall volume is filled in there blower??? weather it is a 6-71 or a 8-81 i will make an asumtion if i have to. thanks for you help

Cliff

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lol... a 6-71 would be a monster on a toy.. lol..
its more likely one of the small custom ones they build. id check directly with b&m... dont assume... assuming makes an ass out of you and me..

·
Registered
670 Posts
JLAFRANK said:
i don't know what kind of iol you should use but e cliff is alway up to some thing cool, first a trick turbo set up on chewbacas runner and know a super charger???? whats next????
i bet i know the answer to that question but if i told you then i'd have to kill you ;) e cliff has been very busy lately working on a top secret project at the livermore skunkworks facility. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts