Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
what is real cheap?
I want to convert my 97 F250 tow rig to a straight axle and dont care if it is a 60 or a 50, actually I would prefer a 50 cause I should be able to get it cheaper. The TTB just eats tires with so much weight up front (7.3 and a big ol heavy BOSS V plow frame).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, I'm looking to do this too, but still haven't figured out if the
TTB knuckles will fit onto the Superduty D50 inner C's. I'm getting to the point I'll fab up Inner C's to make it work. Just gotta get a Straight axle for cheap....

·
Vendor
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JOHNS351C said:
what is real cheap?
I want to convert my 97 F250 tow rig to a straight axle and dont care if it is a 60 or a 50, actually I would prefer a 50 cause I should be able to get it cheaper. The TTB just eats tires with so much weight up front (7.3 and a big ol heavy BOSS V plow frame).
$100, It is a core at a local yard, they said it was bent, and one of the steering arms was broken off, and they robbed the axles, If it is a 60, it would be worth it for the center, and the inner C's, and I am looking into swapping the unit bearing on my dodge to get locking hubs. They had also had a complete front end, I'll ask what they want for that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 2000 f-350 dually 60 available. Its brand new (zero miles) with factory 5.38 gears. It missing the hubs and calipers but the rotors and dually wheel adapters are there. If anyones interested shoot me an e-mail. Yes it has balljoints

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
JOHNS351C said:
what is real cheap?
you'll run into 2 problems...

metric lug pattern and the unit bearings are 300ea to replace if the y fail, and they will!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
GOAT1 said:

On the diff cover or somewhere else, I remember seeing some numbers like that on the diff cover.
there's a sticker on the backside of the axle tube, on the pass side, has a barcode and some other crap on it... that's where you'll find these numbers :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts