Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone planning on hitting the super lift run in gilmer in december. i have it penciled in just need to scrape up some bones hope to see yall there. mike

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Hey Nolen, some guys from my club have been wanting to go to Gilmer, but why is once a year enough for you? Is it not real extreme, or is there not very much to do? We don't want to waste our time if it's not a hard-core place. To put it this way, if your rig would walk over everything there, then we don't want to go. If there are spots where you would have some trouble, then it would be fun for us. Just trying to get the scoop from someone who's actually been there.

Laters...

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Originally posted by elf_cruiser:
<STRONG>Hey Nolen, some guys from my club have been wanting to go to Gilmer, but why is once a year enough for you? Is it not real extreme, or is there not very much to do? We don't want to waste our time if it's not a hard-core place. To put it this way, if your rig would walk over everything there, then we don't want to go. If there are spots where you would have some trouble, then it would be fun for us. Just trying to get the scoop from someone who's actually been there.

Laters...</STRONG>
Hey man,

It is fun for a once, maybe twice a year gig. All the trails are very short. There is one lose rock climb called DeWoody that is challenging. The top ledge on houston Creek Trail is a booger, but no, there are no real big challenges to a rig set-up like mine.

36's and down there is some hairy shit, but get much bigger than that and you need to drive on up to Clayton.

Another thing is that the trails are VERY short. None of the hard ones are over a mile long.

Dunno, it's a fun place, but it is equidistant for me to go to Gilmer or Clayton and I will say Clayton is 10-20 times better, prettier and fun.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clayton has the best trails by far, but gilmer is a lot of fun and a lot closer to dfw. i have only been to gilmer once and it was fun i am sure it would get old after a couple of runs. i am mainly going to have fun and check out all the rigs that are going to be there. later mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts