Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ran super swamper LTBs? I'm Thinking of getting 33x13.50x15. I was also wanting to know if I can put those on a 8" rim or if I need to get 10". These will only be TRAIL tires.

·
Registered
283 Posts
A buddy of mine had them. They were pretty good tires for the price, they are swampers, and they 're 33s. You'll soon grow sick of smaller tires I must warn you though!:p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am thinking of running these as well. I read a bunch of info in the archives. Sounds like they are good tire for the money. Biggest complaint was that they don't come bigger than 34". There seems to some disagreement as to hardness of rubber compound. Sounds like when they first came out they were real soft and wore fast. Sounds like the tires now have harder rubber.

Cisco

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
BOBBED97TACO said:
I have these tires on mine and I love them on the trail and absolutely hate them on the road. It took like 3.5 pounds to "balance" them. I havnt had them on for a year and they are already almost worn out
I second ALL of the above!

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of my buddies has the 33x13.50x15 LTB's on his Samurai. He first had them mounted on 15x8's, which proved to be too narrow even for a guy who prefers to run narrow rims. He has them on 15x10's now and is much happier with them.

But they are still not a road tire at all. They're noisy, heavy, eat up what little horsepower the Samurai puts through them, they flat-spot like any bias ply, and they are wearing FAST. The rubber is super soft and I was surprised to see how quickly they're wearing. His LTBs have worn down just about as much in 3000 miles as my 33x14.50 SSRs (also on a Samurai) have worn down in 30,000 miles!

For a cheap trail tire, they're a great buy. As a street tire, they suck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why not SXs,the're bulletproof.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
My roomate has a set and he claims they suck on the road, but then again what swamper is good on the road?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have 34 x 10.50 on my 81. the rubber is very soft. I air down to 7 psi and you can't really tell it is low by looking. I think for the $ they are great.

·
Registered
789 Posts
my buddy has 34x10.5's and they work good, little small on his rig. Not sure the mileage, but the wear is decent, its his dd

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
85NIGOTA said:
my buddy has 34x10.5's and they work good, little small on his rig. Not sure the mileage, but the wear is decent, its his dd
How do they measure up against your 36's? Just out of curiosity. I was told by a few guys that there's not much difference in 34's to 36's,maybe an inch at most(overall) is what they told me. That would mean that if you centered up the 34 to the 36 there would be roughly 1/2" difference. Now these figures are based on things I heard and was told so I may be wrong on this.

If anyones got a pic or can get a pic of the 34's mounted next to 36's mounted would be great.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have the 34's and love them so far, granted i cant really compare them to any other swamper because these are the first set of swampers that i have owned. I dont really drive much on the street with them but i would imagine they would wear down really quick and the ride would suck, but you said they are going to trail only anyway. i bet you could run them on 10" rims but why wouldnt you just stick with the 8" rims. As far as the height compared to a 36 i am not really sure.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
They actually measure 33". I bought them assuming they were 34's, but they are too small for my runner. I have put about 20miles on them, and realised the gearing was too low (60mph max with my 4.56's and diesel powerband) I will probably put them up for sale as soon as I get a chance, and get some 35's or 36's.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
tires

wow im glad i didnt get them if you guys dont like them on the road.i was lookin at ltb and truxus mt.i got the truxus mt cause i drive alot on rod and also lotsa snow and slop here.tires balanced well an grip great seem to be wearing good but i havent had them long.i think they was 130 a peice when i got them and that was mounted balanced and installed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
85NIGYOTA is the guy that you know the same one in the picture that you posted a while back. he had his rear tire stacked on yours and he had a coils in the rear. i think the truck was white. anyway if it is not him could you post those pics again or email them to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am running these tires on my YJ and they aren't wearing to bad considering I drive just about 100Km's a day. After I welded the rear end solid they started to wear a little quicker on the back, but you cant expect to much outta that. And as for the trail they are awsome, I run them at about 6 psi and haven't lost a bead yet and they are on 8 inch rims.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had the 34's and loved them. The 34's measured 33.5" mounted.
I didn't balance them and drove them on the street without any problems. They were alot better performer then my old MT/R's or any other mud tires!
I now have the 36's TSL and dig them too. :cool:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wallace01 said:
I am running these tires on my YJ and they aren't wearing to bad considering I drive just about 100Km's a day. After I welded the rear end solid they started to wear a little quicker on the back, but you cant expect to much outta that. And as for the trail they are awsome, I run them at about 6 psi and haven't lost a bead yet and they are on 8 inch rims.

Do you have the 33x13.50 or the 34x10.50??:confused:

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
I've got my 33x13.50's mounted on 15x7's. The guy at discount tire was cussin' the whole time he was trying to put the balance weights on though.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts