Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my first post here on the forum. I have an 01' Tacoma 4WD with the 3.4L V6 and am interested in putting a TRD supercharger on it. I recently got the truck and it has just over 60,000 miles. Is it still OK to install one of these at this mileage? Any help is greatly appreciated.

KBF

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes, I know a few that have installed SC at well above 100K. Be sure to get all the necessary fuel upgrades though.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Yes but don't install it without doing the fuel mods too. The TRD SC kit as it comes is incomplete and is prone to ruin your heads. Toyota heads are not cheap to replace.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Either the badass URD kit, or you can get the TRD 7th injector, which works but isn't nearly as good as the URD kit. Search, it's been covered a couple times now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Either the badass URD kit, or you can get the TRD 7th injector, which works but isn't nearly as good as the URD kit. Search, it's been covered a couple times now.
Thank you very much. I did a search initially but must not have put in the correct terms. I also have a call into URD and am waiting for their help. I appreciate your time.

KBF

·
Registered
299 Posts
URD is definitely the way to go. Do a search over on TTORA.com as there is a wealth of information on this topic. I believe Yotatach and Custometacos also have good info. I can try to answer any other questions you might have while you are waiting for Brian if you would like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
URD is definitely the way to go. Do a search over on TTORA.com as there is a wealth of information on this topic. I believe Yotatach and Custometacos also have good info. I can try to answer any other questions you might have while you are waiting for Brian if you would like.
I still haven't talked with Brian but I did speak with a guy at TRD yesterday. He said that they have discontinued their 7th injector kit and that "you really didn't need it anyway":eek: He also said that I wouldn't be able to keep my CAI or my throttle body spacer. Any idea if that is true? I will definately go the URD route, just still waiting to hear from them. Thanks.

KBF

·
Registered
299 Posts
I still haven't talked with Brian but I did speak with a guy at TRD yesterday. He said that they have discontinued their 7th injector kit and that "you really didn't need it anyway":eek: He also said that I wouldn't be able to keep my CAI or my throttle body spacer. Any idea if that is true? I will definately go the URD route, just still waiting to hear from them. Thanks.

KBF
Well, that is your first lesson as a S/C owner...don't talk to TRD! As far as the CAI is concerned...I personally do not feel it is benificial to the blower. One of the big issues with the TRD blower is too much air which caused leaning. I run one, but have been looking for a stock box for a while now. A stock box with the deckplate mod will allow plenty of air into the motor, plus it filters better than a CAI. The TB spacer you definitely need to ditch. they don't work and is a waste of money. Maybe you can sell it over at Custom Tacos.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Get the URD kit as suggested. I have installed and tuned one of these kits and it makes a major improvement over stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Get the URD kit as suggested. I have installed and tuned one of these kits and it makes a major improvement over stock.
Thanks. I finally talked to Brian and am set now on how to proceed. I will definitely be getting the URD 7th injector kit as well as their 2.2 inch pulley. Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help, it is much appreciated.

KBF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts