Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure since everyone over here knows about superdutys, I'd ask this question here. I don't own one, or plan to buy one soon. The inspector on my job just got his lifted, and there is a panhard bar on the front end. I asked around on the Donahoe racing website (they make the edge lift kit for them), and they said it was to locate the axle. It is a leaf sprung vehicle. What gives. I just want to know for my own personal info.

Thanks,

Erin

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
its there to reduce bump steer. Same reason they are on Yjs too.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much bump steer can you get out of a suspension that barely flexes? It just seems like it is a waste of time to worry about moving it. Also, why would a YJ have it in the rear than? No steering.:confused:

Erin

·
Registered
704 Posts
willymutt said:
How much bump steer can you get out of a suspension that barely flexes? It just seems like it is a waste of time to worry about moving it. Also, why would a YJ have it in the rear than? No steering.:confused:

Erin
So your rear end doesn't pass or front end:) The real problem is most of the truck buyers today want car like ride and handling, they have no idea what a solid axle rig is like on the road. Ifs is not cheaper to produce, or superior offroad to a solid axle, its just more car like and sells the vehicle to someone who should be driving a car not a truck..just my 2C:)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
when i had my lift installed on mine the shop forgot to tighten the adjustable end of that bar, and it had some very weird wandering/jerking characteristic's, it's definatly there for a reason!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts