Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 F-250 XL with the little driving mirrors.
I need to swap them for the larger, extendable towing mirrors. All I can find are mirrors for 99-04 model years. What is the difference between the 04 and 06 mirrors?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
nothing between 03.5-07, they all had the side marker. but the 99-03 didn't have the side marker. i think the change was to distinguish the 6.0 and the 7.3s. if you want you can get some 08 mirrors which just take some wiring to make work but will bolt right up. ebay would be you best bet for the tow mirrors but you can get the 08's off of dfuser.com and other places.

·
Registered
160 Posts
nothing between 03.5-07, they all had the side marker. but the 99-03 didn't have the side marker. i think the change was to distinguish the 6.0 and the 7.3s. if you want you can get some 08 mirrors which just take some wiring to make work but will bolt right up. ebay would be you best bet for the tow mirrors but you can get the 08's off of dfuser.com and other places.
Partially correct.

When the 6.0's came out, the mirror switch occured. However it was not standard on your XL trucks. XL's still came with the "99-03" mirrors.

99-08 will bolt up to 99-08 trucks, the difference is wiring.

·
WHEEEEEEEEEE!
3,908 Posts
Word of warning about the cheap e-bay mirrors:

The ones I have gotten from flea-bay have shaken worse than a dog trying to shit a peach pit. It can be difficult to distinguish what is behind me, especially with the mirrors extended.

I shopped around and got factory ford mirrors and no more shaking, but they were 50 bucks more apiece.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know this isnt the for sale section, but I have a set of tow mirrors that came off of my 06 superduty. They are power mirrors, but do not have heat or turning signals. They are factory mirrors, I bought a set of heated mirrors with signals for mine. I can put them up on ebay if you would like. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts