Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start by saying that I am not a member of the Redbird managament group. I am member of the Illiana off-roaders and the Indiana 4 wheel drive association. I also live about five minutes from redbird. Also my job lets me spend alot of time at Redbird (why I am working)

Anyhow a lot of time and effort went into getting redbird started. Individuals are donating a lot of time to keep it running as we speak. The problem is the attendance is not what it should be. I will say that the park is in the growing process and it will only get better, However it is worth the 10 bucks a day as it is. The locals could ride the area for free for years and now that it cost 10 bucks a day they choose not to. They feel if their free deal was taken from them by the state. Of course their free deal was tresspassing and hoping the coal company didnt care. If we want the area to improve we need to show that public riding areas do have support in Indiana. There are rumors of a rockgarden and the park will expand once a large chunk comes out of the lease reclamation has on it. Also it is a great place for the family, they have even added a youth track.

It is also my understanding that Redbird is somewhat of a test-baby for other areas that state is interested in. I really dont see any reason that Indiana cant become one of the leading states in Off-road opportunities in the mid-west. We have the badlands and a few other places but I think there should be plenty of buisness to go around.

I will do this much, if you need a place to wrench/weld, or do anything to your vehicle while you are at redbird my garage will do just fine.(warning I sleep with a sig p220 ST)

There just happens to be a night ride on Sat OCT 23rd, there will be beans and cornbread and camping will be permitted. Bikes, ATVs and of course jeeps, trucks and buggies of all sorts are welcome.

Check out www.redbirdsra.com Dont go by all the pictures on the sight because it has not rained in like a month and it is all dry and should be some great riding.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Well it looks like they changed rules some.. I believe they had a wheelbase restriction in the guidelines? My vehicle of choice was too long. But now that it's changed and there are no restrictions.. Perhaps I can get down there and check it out! (it's one hell of a drive though.. )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts