Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys using these?? I have on from them that everyone seemed to be using back when I ordered it but it does not have heims or swivel ends in it. I dont remember why I bought this instead of a PSC or POS, but I have bent mine. So I need a new ram, I found where there is a ram from surplus center with swivel ends, but should I just spend the coin and get a brand name one and be done with it??

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Mine has held up great so far, I'm just using pinned ends on it too.

It's the 1.5" bore x 8" stroke, 1" shaft.

·
Read Only
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is also mounted close to how yours is, I didnt think the slight change when the tie rod cycled would affect the geometry of the ram and bend it but I may have been wrong. I may just get another with the heims in it, I cant decide.

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Mine is also mounted close to how yours is, I didnt think the slight change when the tie rod cycled would affect the geometry of the ram and bend it but I may have been wrong. I may just get another with the heims in it, I cant decide.
I'm also just using clevis pins on either side, so it allows for a slight amount of play on both ends. I don't notice it at all in the steering wheel or anything.

Hey vette, what is that D60 out of? The center section seems pretty close to the inner knuckle there.
Some kind of older Dodge; whenever I order parts for it I just tell them it's a 1982 W350 but I have no idea what it's actually out of.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The "heim" end, or swivel end as they call them have a LOT of slop in the ends. I bought one, but have not used it, so I have no idea how this will affect the steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts