Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have recently seen an interesting class 8 (here in Australia) Nissan patrol.... or what is left of a Nissan Patrol. It has dual triangulated 4 link front and rear (solid axles) The rear being a wishbone lower with the central pivot mounted to the underside of the diff housing.
I dislike how he used the heim for the fixed mount :barf:, and I've always been told the converging V in suspension links should point forward... but he's doing a different type of wheeling so this might be a better solution for him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I dislike how he used the heim for the fixed mount :barf:, and I've always been told the converging V in suspension links should point forward... but he's doing a different type of wheeling so this might be a better solution for him.
As far as the converging V pointing forward, I dont agree. Look at most dual triangulated 4 links, one is converging foward, the other rear. And ive seen a few TT/pre runners running a upper wishbone in rear, converging at axle housing.

Also all Range Rover Classics, Coil sprung Land rovers (90,110, 127, 130) and LR Discovery 1 had a wishbone type upper arms in rear with a central convergance joint at axle housing.

Given he is not "racin Merica", that vehicle is a high speed type offroad racer, not a crawler or winch challenge vehicle.... and this is the desert section, in a thread on "getin it! .. I defenitley think it fits here.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts