Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Get Out
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions regarding suspension setups and I hope that people with more experience can give me some advice. I rescently bought a 84 toyota xtra cab pickup. I am planning on starting to work on it after the first of the year. I want to lift it enough to put 35"-36" tire on it, it needs to be street legal and I want to keep it drivable on the highway at 65 (moab is 200 miles from my front door and I like to visit there a few times a year).

So for the sake of argument lets say that price (within reason) is not a factor. Would a lift kit, like the one offered from All Pro (http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=54) be the best idea or would it be better to link the rear, how do linked rearends function for highway driving? Does any one have experience with the All Pro kit, or one similar? How do these kits compare to making your own springs packs from Chevys or using rears up front etc?
Also I guess I should point out that I do have the tools and the skill ( I think) to fab a linked suspsention so that is not a concern. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
look on the top of the page and read the FAQ. It full with a ton of good info on anything you need to know about your truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts