Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
History--

I am building my buggy with a version of the RRO coilkit that was on my Zuk. Of course I upgraded all the links, and wanted to move the lower link on top of the axle alleviate some of the problems with unloading caused by my coilovers. On the RRO kit, only one side controls the pinion and the other just slides in and out, thus no control. So, I removed it all together.

Space is super limited so putting it under the main link seemed like a nice place. But I am afraid it will have the same effect as the lower there.

Maybe these pics will help---

Where it was initially---

Where I moved it-

The axle mounts are the RRO brackets. The driver side lower was on the bottom, then moved to the top like pic two.

So will this work or should I look elsewhere?

thanks......rob

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
seems like it will rip that mount in half under a lot of torque, since the mounting points are so close together and don't spread out, but either way should be ok, just remember that the long link on the other side has to be mounted to the same points as the long link on this side.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like it will rip that mount in half under a lot of torque, since the mounting points are so close together and don't spread out, but either way should be ok, just remember that the long link on the other side has to be mounted to the same points as the long link on this side.

The mount on the axle is .250", and it is the same that RRO sells (take that for what it is worth!!).

Yes the other side has the link in the upper mount.

Rob

·
Registered
63 Posts
But keep in mind there will be huge forces on those links compared to a suspension with more vertical seperation at the axle.
Have you thought about a 3-link/panhard setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts