Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I working on three link for the front of a CJ-7, my Trac bar is 31" long and at a 20 degree angle at ride hieght. Is That to steep?????????????????? Thank You Scott

·
Registered
171 Posts
The flatter the better. The more angle it has, the more the axle will move sideways when the springs are compressed.

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Scott,

Your trac bar needs to be running at the same angle as your drag link or you will have a bunch of bump steer. If you Drag link from the steering box to the knuckle is 15 your tracbar has to be 15.

The less angle the better. BTW the trac bar has to attach to the frame at the drivers side and attach to the axle on the pass.

HTH

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
what happened to the black diamond kit you had ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is a black diamond, I was just fucking with it. I was having a problem with the driveline hitting the tranny when the drive wheel is stuffed and the pass is at full drop. So I was swapping the trac arm to the passenger side frame and to the axle on the driver side, When I cycle the suspension now the driveline is cherry, but is oposite of my drag link, so I guess I'm fucked now? I wondered why the where always the other way. So now what should i do? I'm tring to make this 2" shaft work that had made, because they said a 1 1/4 won't hold up? any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
build a cromolly .188 wall 1.5 " driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i"ll stop by on monday

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Eric I saw you in Santa Margarita the other day, what's that trailler you had? Did you see those Little monster trucks at Pintors Tire? What do you think? $24,000, I think you trailler would hold 2 $48,000..........

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
ya thats my new trailer.

chris pintor is my wifes godfather. ya i saw them. kinda cool but stupid money

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Drag Link is Level, so will it matter if the trac arm comes from the pass frame???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric when you come by you will have to check out my shop, it's getting close. When will you be down?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Mace said:
The Drag Link is Level, so will it matter if the trac arm comes from the pass frame???
If you draglink is almost level it shouldnt have much noticeable bump steer on the road, and I don't think it will bother you on the trail. Only time it would be a bother is high speed with lots of suspension action.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts