Pirate 4x4 banner

881 - 900 of 1623 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is any one using 5 point harness in these?
I'm 5'9" and 160. I'm wondering if i will be able to use 5 point in these i see that some people are not able to use the submarine belt is this correct?
I personally have the Corbeau retracting 4 point harness. I'm 6' 180 and the seat fits me in a way that I have no desire to hook up a submarine belt. I probably could if it was left loose but we're talking about my daily driver and I for me 4 point is more than enough. I think it would fit me uncomfortably tight.

This was before I moved the location of the retractor to the factory location:

This is how I have the seatbelts mounted now which is apparently a no no:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Will the wide seats fit in an XJ and still be able to keep the console. I can make brackets. Just wondering if I can retain the console with the extra width. Thanks.

·
Vendor
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #885 ·
Will the wide seats fit in an XJ and still be able to keep the console. I can make brackets. Just wondering if I can retain the console with the extra width. Thanks.
Not sure. Check the dimensional diagram below. Let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just ordered up a pair of the Tan low backs with headrests tonight, thanks for the great prices!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I have kids seats, but they are more like Toddler seats. For some reason, EMPI made their kids seats VERY small. I've seen three year olds that will not fit. I took them off my site, because the only unhappy customer that I ever had, was the result of buying one of these seats. They are $165 each, plus shipping.
still got any of these?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Have any seats in no wider than 18" total width? My new rig is very tight on the pass side.

Shoot me a PM please.
Thanks!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just ordered a set last night. I have a good friend that has a set sitting in his garage along side a set of PRP's and he said the quality is very similar.

Can't wait to get mine!

·
Vendor
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #898 ·
I'm betting that I'm the only person to read this entire thread, so here's what I know. Nothing but good things have been said. I've heard that the seats are comfortable out of the box and get even better with a little use.

Under thread tools search for the word comfy. This from post #482:
Got my Headrest wide seats... great comfy seats and a good seller...

Any feedback on these from those that have bought them? Specifically the wides. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Any feedback on these from those that have bought them? Specifically the wides. Thanks.
I love my seats. I have the tan headrest model and they're the most comfortable, supportive seat I've sat in yet. The side bolsters keep you in the seat at just about every angle and are more than comfortable enough to use in a DD.

881 - 900 of 1623 Posts