Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make some 2" coil spring spacers for my TJ. This might sound stupid, but I'm a little confused about the actual measurments to get what I want. I have some 4" diameter alluminum I want to use for spacers. While shopping around I came across 2" spacers, but when I actuall read the product descriptions most of them said 1.5" of lift in the rear and 2" in the front. I could have that backwards. I guess my question is, will the 4" diameter alluminum be big enough, I can always machine it down if I need to, and how tall exactly do I have to make the spacer to get 2" of lift out of it.

:flipoff2: (for most of the replies to my last post and any one who wants to talk shit about this one)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Optiskate said:
... and how tall exactly do I have to make the spacer to get 2" of lift out of it.

:flipoff2:
LMAO that's a funny question. Might as well as how much gas it takes to fill a gallon container. :flipoff2:

I can see your confusion though. Most BB's are advertised as 2" even though they only come with 1 1/2 pr 1 3/4" spacers.

Use a little common sense, it'll do wonders.

OH yeah: Thank's for the sig quote :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You could also measure the diameter of your coils, and see how that relates to the diameter of your spring. :rolleyes:

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts