Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, been on here for a while but still don't understand some things, so here goes.

Please describe, and with pics please the diff styles of suspensions. which work on Sammies and which don't.

I know there are 1/4 eliptical, 3 link, 4 link, leafs, coils, air bags, 1/2 length springs (?), etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
just to throw another out there ... here's a 3/4 eliptic

·
Registered
337 Posts
zukanuba how do you like that?? Is that just a main leaf cut down??

·
Registered
316 Posts
not mine, that's from 4x4wire. i have no intentions of ever running a buggy leaf, but hey to each their own ... i just wanted to throw out one more of the numerous ways of doing suspension.

·
Registered
337 Posts
thats cool. just figured I would ask.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. That is what I was looking to find out.

How does that 1/4 eliptical work?

How about coils or air bags?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
RngrDv said:
How does that 1/4 eliptical work?

How about coils or air bags?

Thanks again
Its a linked suspension (3 or 4-link I suppose) using the chopped and clamped spring pak for the spring element. Could alternatively use:

coils (or coilovers)
airbags (or airshocks)

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
the 3/4 elipse is great for flex because of the additional pivot points, but unless the axle is restricted by links, it will float from front to rear under different loads and conditions. imho, there are better ways. the setup shown appears to be a very affordable but unstreetable solution.

:mad3:
Hvy_Chevy said:
Today is not Tuesday.
Search.
:mad3:
and this guy... hvy_chevy, i have never, ever seen you post a single piece of worthwhile information. all you do is razz people about using search. why bother? you are indeed an ass. :flipoff2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts